work lunch - what to eat - arghhh!

Options
Hi
Off for a work lunch today, and the menu is pretty limited. Add to that my inherent fussiness. And calorie counting I am scared!

My options seem to be pasta or pizza....

Pea frittata with caponata
Tagliatelle with white broccoli, buffalo mozzarella, roast garlic and breadcrumbs
Pizza wih Rocket, garlic oil, Campanian buffalo mozzarella

I'm feeling scared.... and hungry! Bad mix....

Replies

• HJMcQueerie
    HJMcQueerie Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Wow! What an amazing work canteen you have!! Can you take your own lunch? If you eat canteen food you're always going to have days where you feel compromised.

My fave work lunch is a jacket potato, small tin of tuna and steamed veg, but I have access to a microwave and a shared fridge. Otherwise I buy a mixture of readymade salad stuff on a Monday (like beetroot salad, bit of pasta, humous etc...)and mix that up each day.
  • HJMcQueerie
    HJMcQueerie Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Wow! What an amazing work canteen you have!! Can you take your own lunch? If you eat canteen food you're always going to have days where you feel compromised.

My fave work lunch is a jacket potato, small tin of tuna and steamed veg, but I have access to a microwave and a shared fridge. Otherwise I buy a mixture of readymade salad stuff on a Monday (like beetroot salad, bit of pasta, humous etc...)and mix that up each day.

• TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    Pizza is probably the better choice, but either is okay in moderation.
  • 365andstillalive
    365andstillalive Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    I'm guessing you mean you're going to a restaurant with co-workers for lunch?

Honestly, without seeing the nutrition info and knowing your goals, we can't be super helpful.

Personally, I'd do the pea frittata with caponata; it'd have decent protein rating, lots of veggies, and likely isn't incredibly high cal. When in doubt, bring home half.
  • Lola2248
    Lola2248 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    The frittata wasn't on the menu in the end :-(
    ended up with tagliatelle with buffalo mozzarella, purple broccoli and asparagus. Not helpful when everyone was having chips .... and they all had dessert. I did treat myself to a coffee tho lol. I don't know how many calories to log for the tagliatelle. It was a very small portion, starter size. having recently been weighing, I'd estimate around 50g of dried pasta.... but I don't know if it was egg pasta, or wheat.
    Any suggestions on what to log?
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    I'd find a restaurant taglietelle that looked similar and log that tbh

sometimes you just have to guestimate

I'd probably log around 4-600

• BoxerBrawler
    BoxerBrawler Posts: 2,032 Member
    Options
    When this happens to me, which is hardly ever! I just try to remember what the portion sizes were of each individual ingredient, hope for the best! LOL