Lean Banana Protein Shake

Options
Ian_Davies
Ian_Davies Posts: 122 Member
edited May 2015 in Food and Nutrition
Hi gang

I've been using Maximuscle Promax Lean - Banana Protein Shake, to help with increasing protein each day.

It is my first foray into the world of protein shakes and it's starting to make a difference. However it doesn't always seem to be that soluble and I get the odd lump. I can live with it but I'm wondering if any of you use a different lean protein power that does banana as a flavour. There are so many companies and the big tubs are one hell of a commitment to get through if its not good so I'm wondering if any of the other brands are more soluble in your experience?

Edit: I should say this is a 240cal and gives me 39g protein, 11g carbs and 5g fat, load of other lean stuff in there but I'm most interested in the 'pleasant' aspect of the experience.

I took the time to find better cuts of steak and learned to cook it better so just trying to make the life choice more enjoyable.

Replies

• shannonlynne67
    shannonlynne67 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I really love the "Designer Whey" proteins for taste. It comes in at 100 calories, 2 grams fat, 18 grams of protein. Variety of flavors available as well. (pretty sure I have seen banana) I add soy milk sometimes to up the protein. I also like to start with vanilla flavor and add fruit of my choice to change flavors. Yum.....now I want a protein shake! Wishing you continued success. :)
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Hi
    I just use a Vanilla Protein Shake and Blend in a Ripe Banana. That gives it real Banana taste and some texture. Using the Vanilla Protein shake also lets me blend in other fruits such as Strawberry and Raspberry and more to have a nice variety of flavors and some fresh fruit too.

I use a Cuisinart Stick Blender and by slowly lowering the Blending end into the measuring cup that came with it while it is running I get a Good Blend

Good Luck
    Roger
  • Ian_Davies
    Ian_Davies Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Shannon and Roger - thats frickin clever, love it.

Thank you so much, hadn't thought about approaching it like that but I really like the idea.
  • BigLifter10
    BigLifter10 Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    Ian_Davies wrote: »
    Shannon and Roger - thats frickin clever, love it.

Thank you so much, hadn't thought about approaching it like that but I really like the idea.

Agree with what others have said. Also, one thing you can do is get a little hand-held immersion device....I use it for adding protein powder to my coffee. Most of the time, Blender Bottles do the trick. As for the immersion device (Proctor-Silex) and was $12 (worth it for me). Also, Iso-Pure has a decent banana protein powder, but I mix it with almond milk and a splash of vanilla extract to amp up the flavor. I like it very creamy. (It's also zero-carb, if that matters to you).