Options
:# anyone else doing the hcg diet

Replies

• snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    :# anyone else doing the hcg diet

http://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-lifestyle/weight-loss/expert-answers/hcg-diet/faq-20058164

Not a snowball's chance in hell.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    I don't have anything good to say about the HCG diet. Thanks to the injections/500-calorie regimen my father-in-law has continuing heart problems that threatened his life.

Also, promoting it here is against the Community Guidelines.
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    Promoting HCG diets are against the guidelines!

Abort thread.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    Reported!
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    Nah. I like food more than shots.
  • jenncornelsen
    jenncornelsen Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    zyxst wrote: »
    Nah. I like food more than shots.

Lol totally agree. Give it a few months and tell us how much u gained back
  • CoffeeNBooze
    CoffeeNBooze Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    No.
  • So_Much_Fab
    So_Much_Fab Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    nope.gif
  • ThickMcRunFast
    ThickMcRunFast Posts: 22,511 Member
    Options
    giphy.gif
  • 2snakeswoman
    2snakeswoman Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    not now, not ever
  • Teenie0916
    Teenie0916 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    no thank you!
  • rbiss
    rbiss Posts: 422 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Very low calorie diets will give you more health problems in the long run. Horrible idea.
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options
    Yes, 3 times. I got fatter and ended up with mouths to feed after. I don't recommend.
  • JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,222 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Hello,

I'm writing to let you know that our Community Guidelines ( http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines ) prohibit the creation of any forum posts, groups, or posts in groups that encourage the use of Very Low Calorie diets (including, but not limited to, VLCDs that use the HCG protocol).

MyFitnessPal has always promoted a healthy, sustainable, and gradual path to weight loss. But HCG products are typically promoted in connection with a very low calorie diet, usually one that limits calories to 500 per day. Research has demonstrated that calorie intake at these levels can lead to increased risk of gallstones, hair loss, constipation, an irregular heartbeat, and many other dangerous side-effects.

Moreover, numerous medical studies have shown that the results of HCG-use in combination with a very low calorie diet are indistinguishable from the results of the low calorie diet alone. In light of this research, the FDA has required the labeling and advertising of HCG products to state:

“HCG has not been demonstrated to be effective adjunctive therapy in the treatment of obesity. There is no substantial evidence that it increases weight loss beyond that resulting from caloric restriction, that it causes a more attractive or “normal” distribution of fat, or that it decreases the hunger and discomfort associated with calorie-restricted diets.”

Our guidelines prohibit any use of Groups or the Public Forums to support the use of HCG.

Regards,

davis_em
    MyFitnessPal Moderator
This discussion has been closed.