Plugging away, despite the scale!

Options
So for the past couple weeks, my scale has been... stubborn. I record my weekly Friday weigh-ins, but check the number pretty much daily.

For the past couple weeks, i've been anywhere from my recorded weight two fridays ago to a couple pounds heavier. Never lower. Last Friday, it was the same weight exactly.

Kept recording, kept plugging along with healthy eating. I'm feeling good. No change on the scale is annoying, but i'm confident that i'm doing well.

This morning i step on the scale, and i'm 2.2 lbs down from a couple weeks back. It was SOOO tempting to record that!

But i'll wait for Friday morning. And by then, i may be back up, or even. Just got to remember i'm recording data to look at trends.

I'm on a good path. I know the number on the scale is only part of the story, and that daily fluctuations are normal and healthy. I pay attention to NSVs. But still.. there is something to that number that is so easy to fixate on.

My thanks to MFP and the community here. I'm better educated, and better prepared mentally and emotionally to take control of my health than i have ever been before, and i'm on a good path. Just chuckling at that damned scale.... :)

Replies

• Sassymama66_75HARD
    Sassymama66_75HARD Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Understand completely! My body is changing, clothes fit differently but the scale is a big liar! Lol! Just keep plugging away it will cut loose one day!
  • RRB2000
    RRB2000 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I HATE the scale!!!! I keep getting on it, but I still hate it!!!
  • strong_curves
    strong_curves Posts: 2,229 Member
    Options
    You should try body measuring too. It's way more satisfying to see inches lost even if the scale isn't moving.
  • wonko221
    wonko221 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    that's a great idea, strong_curves. Haven't done any measurements besides body weight since i started, although i know i've lost inches based on wardrobe. I'm sure those numbers would help give me the reinforcement that my EVIL, EVIL scale occasionally refuses to provide!

thanks!
  • subversive99
    subversive99 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Another tool I use is trendweight.com, it let's me ignore the fluctuations and focus on the trends. I recently went through a 3 week stall where I gained and lost the same 2 pounds over and over again. I knew I was doing things right, however, so I was able to stay on track. Good job powering through!