30-day shred or heavy weights?

Options
vinerie
vinerie Posts: 234 Member
I've been lifting heavy weights-- mostly upper body-- as part of my workout. I've got a big event in July in which I will be heavily photographed (wedding) and I'm trying to decide if I should continue what I'm doing or switch to the shred workout. Any thoughts? I know a lot of people say the DVD is good for beginners, but I'm pretty comfortable in the weight room.

Replies

• shrinkingletters
    shrinkingletters Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    What I like about the dvds is that it incorporates upper and lower body compound moves for most of the dvd, and there's the cardio element.

But that's simply a personal opinion and not any kind of real guidance. There will be more informed people commenting beneath me soon :)
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    30 day shred is more cardio than strength. You will be doing body weight and using light dumbbells, circuit style with multiple reps. I would not quit doing the heavy lifting. If you want a kick for more fat loss, you should add some HIIT workouts to what you are currently doing.
  • vinerie
    vinerie Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I try to do my own HIIT on the elliptical, but I suspect the DVD will be more intense. I really like the weight lifting. I love how strong I feel when I push up a heavy bench press. Hate to give it up, but I've wondered if the DVD might yield faster results? Not trying to "get rich quick" or anything like that, but the wedding is 7 weeks away and I do want to turn it up a notch for a bit.
  • MamaFunky
    MamaFunky Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    If you are not a beginner to cardio and weights, I would suggest doing one of her other workouts. The 30DS is great, but for me, I don't burn as many calories when I do the 30DS as I do with some of her other workouts.

Banish Fat Boost Metabolism is a great workout. A little bit longer, but you will burn a lot more calories. Also No More Trouble Zones is a great workout using weights, as well. I like to alternate those since one focuses more on cardio and one is with weights. I would keep lifting heavy too. Good luck!