I ran!!!

Options
Ok so maybe it was more of a jog, but i did this for a full minute! I couldnt believe i was doing it and even when the minute passed I was in shock! I do a lot of walking and have been "jogging" on the elliptical but had never attempted it on the treadmill. I am so proud! I think its time to try the couch2to5k :)

Replies

• electrickazoo
    electrickazoo Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! :)
  • alibeec75
    alibeec75 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    So awesome. Congratulations :)
  • randilynn113
    randilynn113 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    That's great!! :)
  • ThatLadyFromMN
    ThatLadyFromMN Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Amazing!!! Keep it up!!! I had never been able to run more than half a couple minutes before I decided to really get into it about a month and a half ago. I decided I would take my crazy running co-worker up on his offer to help... that first day he made me run for 35-40 minutes straight (there was a lot of whining involved, full disclosure)!! Going from 3 minutes to that was so shocking.

Just keep pushing yourself girlfriend and you'll be there before you know it!! I'd never run a mile before that day either and I did 3!! Your body is amazing, it's a gift and it will surprise you with what it is capable of... so much of it is our mind getting in the way of our own excellence!! Again, congratulations, keep with it, don't get burned out and good luck!!! :):)
  • Equus5374
    Equus5374 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    Flock of Seagulls? (but seriously, that's great...a little at a time and small increases and you'll be running miles before you know it!)
  • jellybeanhed313
    jellybeanhed313 Posts: 344 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Way to go! It is amazing when you realize what you're actually capable of doing! Keep up the good work! :)
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    That is terrific! You must feel so proud, and rightfully so!!!
  • mogobam
    mogobam Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Good job!
  • hmaddpear
    hmaddpear Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Fantastic job! It's great when you realise that yes, you can do this!

I'm in Week 3 of C25K and I'm loving it - even getting out of bed early to go for my morning jog (this is unheard of)... I hope you have as much fun with it as I have.
  • SillyCat1975
    SillyCat1975 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Ok so maybe it was more of a jog, but i did this for a full minute! I couldnt believe i was doing it and even when the minute passed I was in shock! I do a lot of walking and have been "jogging" on the elliptical but had never attempted it on the treadmill. I am so proud! I think its time to try the couch2to5k :)

That's wonderful, keep it up and before you know it you will be running with the wind! Proud of you! :grin:

• jrline
    jrline Posts: 2,353 Member
    Options
    congrats beware though jogging/running is addictive

29509743.png
  • amcook4
    amcook4 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    WOOOOOO!!!!! Many congratulations!
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    Woo hoo, well done. You should be very proud of yourself!

Give couch to 5 k a try, you'll love it :)
  • LearnFromTheRed
    LearnFromTheRed Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Excellent! Keep going!!
  • missyjoy6988
    missyjoy6988 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Great job! Keep it up! Just so you know, I found the couch to 5k pretty challenging, so don't get discouraged!! You got this!!
  • bejuled74
    bejuled74 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    :)
  • tmove2015
    tmove2015 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Keep going!
  • SuggaD
    SuggaD Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    Go for it!
  • turtles12
    turtles12 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    That's awesome, congrats!!! I think you'll like couch25K
  • tcbutler8627
    tcbutler8627 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Good job!!! Keep at it!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!