New here.

Options
My goals are to lose 40lbs and get back to where I was physically before I started slacking off. I lost 200lbs but gained a little back now I want to get back to where I was losing for me is very difficult I come from a family of morbidly obese my sisters and dad all stay at about 350 to 400lbs and my Mon has been up to 1000lbs she got down to 600lbs before she passed away. I don't want to end up like them. So I'm trying everyday. Good luck with your goals!!

Replies

• Equus5374
    Equus5374 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    Welcome and congrats for taking the steps to make the changes you want. It's difficult when genetics isn't on your side, but the odds can be overcome and you will be so much better for losing the weight. There is some terrific advice on this site and very knowledgeable people. I've been on this site for a few months trying my darndest every day and am now seeing results. Every day you get up and determine to do your best. Good luck and hope to see you around the board.
  • clumbardie
    clumbardie Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I know the feeling. I have genetics against me too. My whole family on my mom's said are all over weight and I have never met my biological father so I have no idea what I'm up against on that side. That's amazing that you lost 200Ibs before!! Keep up the hard work!
  • Bigred2000
    Bigred2000 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys, my plan is just to try my hardest and hope for the best. My Dr. Told me even if I lost all my fat I'd still be at 180 to 190 which seems high to me but with extra skin and my large body frame. That the weight I'm shooting for.
  • Jataveda
    Jataveda Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    My primary goal is fat loss - and attain my goal weight which 24 kgs away. This time I wont give up! In 79 days I want to lose atleast 10 - 15 kgs :)