The final hurdle- 20 pounds to go!

Options
santd
santd Posts: 234 Member
Have you been a person that's on a long journey and had to lose a lot of weight. My starting weight was 336 pounds, I'm now 154 pounds, target 139 pounds.

I've lost the last 36 pounds twice!!! the closer I get to target the harder it gets because you have to eat less. The last 20 pounds I feel is the hardest? anyone else found it hard.

I need help getting there, I feel so disheartened.... help!!!

Replies

• TrudyJoy2313
    TrudyJoy2313 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    WOW!!! how inspiring!! I just started my journey and you are almost at your goal!!! What an accomplishment!!! Don't quit working!!
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    Fantastic progress - that's amazing! Well done to you!!
    I'm down to the last 15lbs (25 lost already) and am struggling too.
  • liekewheeless
    liekewheeless Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Down to the last 5 or so,.. and yes, the last bit is much more slow, but not necessarily harder. I just have to have more patients.
  • mistikal13
    mistikal13 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    The last couple of pounds were definitely the hardest for me as well, hang in there.
  • DerekVTX
    DerekVTX Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I have been on my last 17 lbs now for a couple of months or more. I have been working 60 to 80 hours a week lately (desk job) and have been maintaining but its so hard to do this without the gym. The calories burned in the gym allows me to eat what I want and still lose weight. When shutdown's are all done I should have 2 months off work and hope to destroy that last 17lbs.....up your gym game and get some extra cardio in if you can.
  • KrissyRawrz
    KrissyRawrz Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    That's amazing!! You're so awesome. Unfortunately I have a little bit more than 20lbs left to lose but I hope it doesn't get stuck there! Can imagine how frustrating that would be. I was stuck at 13 stone for a while and found exercising much more helped get past that x
  • jessiruthica
    jessiruthica Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Yep, that's where I am. I've lost 60lbs so far and have 20ish to go. It already feels more difficult just thinking about it!
  • Cortneyrenee04
    Cortneyrenee04 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    I'm down 65 with 15(?) left... Can't believe it! I'm preparing for a slow down but it hasn't happened yet.

Congrats on your great losses so far!
  • gopgirl425
    gopgirl425 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain...I have lost about 115 and I have 20 more to go and it seems impossible.
  • smblahblah
    smblahblah Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Thats amazing! congrats
    I've lost 19 lbs. I have 19 more to go.
    I've been stuck at this weight for the last month and just realized yesterday that if i really want this i need to step up my game and work harder in the gym and in the kitchen to get what I want. I just keep telling myself it's worth it and that i'll thank myself later.
  • santd
    Options
    Yeah, I've just found motivation again to do the last bit. Need more focus and consistency.
  • sunman00
    sunman00 Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    maybe naively but I think "you are what you eat"; when I set my original, and then second goal when I went through the first one I embarked on an intake level that I felt I could stick to forever, and my weight settled down and hasn't budged in a year.
    Oh, and I like the weight I'm at :) I'd eat at a deficit again if I wanted to lose more
  • santd
    Options
    Can't accept that as fact for everyone sunman00 , I have a close friend that's eats the most sugary rubbish, and loads of Carbs, & chips, and doesn't put a pound on in fact she's under weight. We went on holiday together for a week, and I compared what she ate to me, and she ate double the quantities, and I ate healthy. So you aren't always what you eat I'm afraid, and I'm sure theirs some naturally under weight people who would agree with me.
  • MamaBirdBoss
    MamaBirdBoss Posts: 1,516 Member
    Options
    santd wrote: »
    Can't accept that as fact for everyone sunman00 , I have a close friend that's eats the most sugary rubbish, and loads of Carbs, & chips, and doesn't put a pound on in fact she's under weight. We went on holiday together for a week, and I compared what she ate to me, and she ate double the quantities, and I ate healthy. So you aren't always what you eat I'm afraid, and I'm sure theirs some naturally under weight people who would agree with me.

They might, but they'd be fooling themselves (unless they had poorly maintained type 1 diabetes!). Chances are, she gained on the trip and lost later.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTr1JUvEiUU

Also, carbs don't make you gain. Calories do.]

Anyway, if you're having a really hard time, you can just eat your future maintenance calorie. It'll take 3 years to lose, but you WILL NOT yoyo in that time. :)