Menu help!

Options
I have a meal out next week with work colleagues, can't avoid going and can't avoid eating while there so I'm looking for some help on what to choose. I shall have a salad for lunch and get some exercise in so as to minimise the damage, I'll be drinking Diet Coke, but I am struggling with what would be best to choose to eat, the menu doesn't look low calorie at all !! Theres no nutritional info so its all a bit of a guess, what would you be going for? Please help !!

http://thelounges.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/LO_FoodFull_Summer15_Web.pdf

Replies

• juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    I'd go for whatever sounded the best to me.

If it's too many calories, cut it in half and take half home with you for tomorrow.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Harissa-Spiced Chicken Burger.

I recently had something a bit similar and omg it was so good.

My advice is to just pick what you want, enjoy the meal, log it and move on. It's one meal. It's not going to make or break you.
  • Gemzzz12
    Gemzzz12 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    You should have the Grilled Halloumi Salad! It looks amazing and its pretty healthy aslong as they don't add dressing. Looks like you can ask for a gluten free menu too. I hear gluten free is supposed to be healthy.
    Have fun. :D
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    The wraps and salads all look good. I'd hold the fries or ask for a side salad instead.
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    Gemzzz12 wrote: »
    I hear gluten free is supposed to be healthy.

Only if you have gluten sensibilities/Celiac.

Otherwise, it's only as healthy/unhealthy as the other ingredients in it.

• Donnah781
    Donnah781 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    wrap/salad, fruit. I know its all so tempting I have the same issue. I see it and I eat it. its tough. I have to talk myself out of it ... now that I have the on line food diary on here I can see what I eat so if I eat bad I was be disappointed with myself
  • bbandme
    bbandme Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I hadn't noticed the salads on there :| Think I'll go for a salad with grilled chicken (not keen on halloumi), and then I may have the sticky toffee pudding as I dont remember the last time I had a pudding :)
  • forgtmenot
    forgtmenot Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    Several of those menu items sound amazing. Just order what you want and eat a reasonable portion. It could be worse. There are restaurants where I live (like BBQ and southern restaurants) where literally everything is fried or covered in sauce or gravy. I haven't been to them since I've been losing weight, but when I do, and I know I will eventually, I'll just order what I want and eat less of it.
  • alliesgettinghealthy
    alliesgettinghealthy Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    ceoverturf wrote: »
    Gemzzz12 wrote: »
    I hear gluten free is supposed to be healthy.

Only if you have gluten sensibilities/Celiac.

Otherwise, it's only as healthy/unhealthy as the other ingredients in it.

This! :smile:

I would just go with what sounds good to you. You could always just eat half of it.
  • shadowfax_c11
    shadowfax_c11 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    Order a few things off of the Tapas menu and make that be your meal. Tapas are small plates so there will only be about 4 bite sized pieces on the plate.

I would go for the Chicken Teriyaki skewers, roasted sweet potato and butternut squash with goat cheese and maybe a side salad.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    The wraps look fantastic, plus you'd have room for yumminess :smiley:
  • Lexicpt
    Lexicpt Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I'd grab a cup of soup and some of that cheesecake for dessert. :wink:
  • BWBTrish
    BWBTrish Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    i would go for eating what i really wanted. Decide when i saw the plate in-front of me to eat it all or take half home.....and before ordering ask for any sauces separated.

Then i would enjoy the h*** out of it and tomorrow another day.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    I would order whatever sounds good to you and just eat a reasonable amount.
  • mojojojo222
    mojojojo222 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Sweet potato curry, soup, humus tapa or many of the other tapas, anything fish, halloumi wrap, chicken sandwich or wrap without the cheese or mayo (or bacon?). Best advice is to dump the diet coke. That's about the most unhealthy thing on the menu. You'd be better of with regular coke. Alternatives would be lemonade, lemon water, tea, or just water.
  • hollyrayburn
    hollyrayburn Posts: 905 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Sweet potato curry, soup, humus tapa or many of the other tapas, anything fish, halloumi wrap, chicken sandwich or wrap without the cheese or mayo (or bacon?). Best advice is to dump the diet coke. That's about the most unhealthy thing on the menu.You'd be better of with regular coke. Alternatives would be lemonade, lemon water, tea, or just water.

Untrue.