Heat Rash and Sweating

agreenid
agreenid Posts: 218 Member
Kind of a gross one, I know but I gotta ask.

So I have never been a person who sweats a lot. Even when I was living in overseas and the summers were ridiculously hot. I got heat rash a few times when I was way heavier (250lbs plus) but haven't had any issues for years.

My problem now. The last two weeks at the gym I have been sweating more and more (and kicking up my workout so that's a good sign I think). But after my workouts when I go to shower I notice that my torso is really bumpy. Took a closer look and there are tiny little clear bumps everywhere--they go away with some scrubbing and there didn't appear to be anything in them. If I leave them alone they go away in about an hour or so. Some googling indicated that it might be heat rash. Anyone else have problems with this?! I wear breathable, loose fabrics while working out and it just seems to be getting worse. It has to be related to the sweating because I have never had either issue before... just looking for some advice. Or commiseration, even.

Replies

• DesertGunR
    DesertGunR Posts: 187 Member
    I have no idea what you might have though, I am pretty confident it is not heat rash. Neither of the two types goes away with a quick scrubbing in the shower. Also, the location on the torso is off as well. Heat rash is mostly in those sensitive areas you don't want a rashes bumps, armpits and the crotch/butt area. That and it usually takes the friction of a constricting fabric to get things started. Basically rubbing sweaty bacteria coated skin cells into open and irritated pores of the skin. Even the less painful version still takes a few days to go away with proper keeping things dry and sweat free and it still involves fluid from the blisters.

Here is a link to the Mayo Clinic about Heat Rash.

mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/heat-rash/basics/symptoms/con-20033908

You're probably right that is involved with increased sweating. Or it could be a new sensitivity to something showing up to do a change in diet, exercise or other environmental conditions or all three. If it does go away or it is really bothering you check with a dermatologist