overeaters anoymous

Options
HI! I was wondering if anyone has been to o/a ? If so did they find it helpful? Thanks :)

Replies

• IrishChik
    IrishChik Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    I did not "go" to any meetings, I only attended online since at the time there were no meetings in the area I was living. I made a few friends and would communicate through email and IM. I ordered the books from ebay as it was much cheaper. I do believe it gave me the tools to make myself much more aware of my choices. It will work differently for everyone since we all have different personalities. I made some great friends and had support when I needed it. I guess it depends on what your goal is, what you put in to it is what you are going to get out of it.
  • JoyousMaximus
    JoyousMaximus Posts: 9,285 Member
    Options
    One of my closest friends is in OA. She loves it and swears by it. She thinks it's one of the best thing that ever happened to her.
  • Wants2bethin
    Options
    Thanks ladies :)
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,385 Member
    Options
    I am in OA and if you are a food addict or a compulsive overeater, then give it a try. It will help you with your addiction to food.
  • patriot201
    patriot201 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I attended OA meetings about twelve years ago. I found it helpful to know that there were others like me. I didn't feel quite so isolated. :)