Garmin vivofit2

Options
I've been using mfp for 5 months and just got a vivofit over the weekend. I was kind of bummed when I was on the elliptical today 30 min and swam laps for 30 min-- it counted my steps but did not even give me even close to what I burned when I synced it to mfp (like 71 calories it gave me credit for). i manually corrected it on mfp. does anyone else have this issue?

Replies

• richiwalk
    richiwalk Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Yeah. My runs on my Garmin FR220 show up in my diary but not in my calorie expenditure tab. I get loads of steps though.
  • MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    Options
    It's a step counter, using it for things it's not designed for isn't going to give you a representative calculation.
  • jpomplas2
    jpomplas2 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the replies- I've figured out how to adjust the activity on the garmin app. It still shows up in mfp as "running" even though i change it to "elliptical" or "hiking" in the garmin app but i guess you can't win it all. Much happier now though
  • MissDeevi
    MissDeevi Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    My vivofit won't even sync to mfp anymore. I'm so freaking aggravated. I've uninstalled reinstalled. Signed in and out. Linked from garmin linked from mfp. Nothing. Grrr
  • MeanderingMammal
    Options
    jpomplas2 wrote: »
    Thanks for the replies- I've figured out how to adjust the activity on the garmin app. It still shows up in mfp as "running" even though i change it to "elliptical" or "hiking" in the garmin app but i guess you can't win it all. Much happier now though

It's the same with all of the services syncing to one another. My Forerunner has running, cycling and other options, and it lands in MFP as aerobics, general. It lands in Strava as running and Endomondo as "other", so they all need a manual change.
  • MeanderingMammal
    Options
    MissDeevi wrote: »
    My vivofit won't even sync to mfp anymore. I'm so freaking aggravated. I've uninstalled reinstalled. Signed in and out. Linked from garmin linked from mfp. Nothing. Grrr

I've had similar a couple of times in the last week, my Garmin file will go to Strava and Endomondo etc but not MFP. Quite frustrating.