Options
2»

Replies

• AliceDark
    AliceDark Posts: 3,886 Member
    Options
    jaga13 wrote: »
    AliceDark wrote: »
    I don't eat meat and hit an average of 120g of protein daily (granted, on a much higher calorie allowance). Feel free to look through my diary for ideas if you'd like. My go-tos are Greek yogurt, cottage cheese, eggs, beans and milk. I do supplement with Quest bars and protein powder, but I still get 80g or so from food every day. The trick, for me, is to prioritize protein. I pre-log, so I fill in my protein-containing foods first and then fill in everything else around them -- I only get to eat other "fun" things if I've come reasonably close to hitting my protein goal.

Thank you. I eat greek yogurt, cottage cheese, eggs, and beans as well. I hate meat and haven't tried any protein bars/powder.

Since I can't change how many calories I get to eat, I guess I'll need to identify something I can eat less of in order to replace it with more protein. I like the idea of using a protein bar for dessert. That might help.
    Look into different brands/flavors of your protein sources too. I like Trader Joe's greek yogurt, but their flavored yogurt cups have around 120 calories/12g of protein, whereas their 0% plain greek yogurt has 120 calories/22g of protein. You'll get a few extra calories with the plain yogurt (because you'll need to add honey/fruit/PB2/something to make it palatable), but you get a huge extra hit of protein.

• cirilobairrada
    cirilobairrada Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    well, the recomendation is 2gr max per kilo if you're in gym,so if you have 55kg,you need 110gr of protein.

I have 56kg and i never eat max of protein for my weight. i eat more LOOOL.
    I cant eat less protein, its very hard for me.

I eat fresh cheese,ricotta, cottage, quark, eggs in my breakfast, 100-200gr of chiken/turkey meat in lunch/dinner...so if i eat less i think i will have hungry LOOL

So i need drink a lot of water to help my kidneys work well, so you need too drink a lot of water (2liters) if your gr of protein was a lot.

Sorry my english
  • jaga13
    jaga13 Posts: 1,149 Member
    Options
    I just realized I wrote "I hate meat" which mean to say I hate milk :)

I think the issue is that I tend to eat small portions of protein to stay within my calorie budget. If I increase the protein, I will increase calories, so I'll need to cut back elsewhere. I'm just not sure what I should reduce since I don't eat much junk/snacks. Maybe a little less fruit? Or like someone suggested, use a protein bar as a dessert rather than plain chocolate. Something will have to be reduced...I'll have to experiment.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    @jaga13 to figure out min protein requirements multiply your weight in lbs by 0.8 and that is your protein.

Protein has 4 calories per gram. Lean meats like chicken/turkey and seafood.

Try greek yogurt or cottage cheese. My fav way in the summer is to add protein powder to my fruit smoothie in the morning...27 grams for only 120 calories I believe in my powder, along with fruit, almond milk and some juices it's great.

Eggs and ham are great too...seafood I find is the best if you like it. Shrimp, salmon, tuna etc.
  • jaga13
    jaga13 Posts: 1,149 Member
    Options
    SezxyStef wrote: »
    @jaga13 to figure out min protein requirements multiply your weight in lbs by 0.8 and that is your protein.

Try greek yogurt or cottage cheese. My fav way in the summer is to add protein powder to my fruit smoothie in the morning...27 grams for only 120 calories I believe in my powder, along with fruit, almond milk and some juices it's great.

Eggs and ham are great too...seafood I find is the best if you like it. Shrimp, salmon, tuna etc.

.8 X my weight is way more than MFP shows me. I wonder why?
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    jaga13 wrote: »
    SezxyStef wrote: »

.8 X my weight is way more than MFP shows me. I wonder why?

because MFP is set to Minimum USDA...but that is the standard calculation if you don't know what your Lean body mass is. If I let MFP set mine it would be less than half of what I have it at right now...I eat appx 115grams a day....