stay away from the junk

Options
jalizer20
jalizer20 Posts: 1 Member
1:15 am and I'm dying for cookies and milk. Trying to stay strong if im not happy with my weight I need to make changes. Ugh but y is the first week so hard to get threw

Replies

• Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Make them work in your calorie defecit

• SillyCat1975
    SillyCat1975 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Hang in there! It's not easy, you will get through it. Think about the way you will look in a month. Hang onto that thought and picture it in your head.
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    If you're genuinely hungry, and under your calorie limit, then eat 1 (just 1). If not, then drink some water and go to bed.

I've been on MFP for over 1000 days now and I've lost weight after a baby, been through another pregnancy, and am still losing weight after my third baby (all in my 1000+ days lol) and I have learned that I can have treats and still lose weight. I eat healthily most of the time, so a couple of cookies or slice of cake isn't going to make me gain weight if within a calorie deficit.

Obviously if you find it hard to stop at 2 cookies, then maybe don't have them.
  • italiangurl1972
    italiangurl1972 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    breads is my weakness!
  • Mycophilia
    Mycophilia Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    But I like my junk. :(
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Food isn't junk. Work treats into your calorie allowance.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Mycophilia wrote: »
    But I like my junk. :(

giggity
  • JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,222 MFP Moderator
    edited May 2015
    Options
    jalizer20 wrote: »
    1:15 am and I'm dying for cookies and milk. Trying to stay strong if im not happy with my weight I need to make changes. Ugh but y is the first week so hard to get threw

You don't have to give foods up to lose weight and get healthier. If you're craving them, calculate them into your day.

I also find that when I have cravings, it's usually because I cut my calories too low and my body is screaming for sustenance (though I haven't done this to myself for a really long time... since I know better now). I don't know what your eating plan looks like, but if you've cut calories too severely, this could be a cause. Losing weight doesn't have to be painful. :)
  • Lukyanenko
    Lukyanenko Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I've switched from cookies to frozen melon. It's working so far. Gives me something sweet, but not that many calories.
  • chrisssam
    chrisssam Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    "Me love cookie" we I feel like I want junk to eat.. I get one and eat it.... Now well power is needed so you do get two or three....hope you did not give in and eat a lot of cookies and drink a gallon of milk.....any on this post can add me if you would like... Take care
  • Bshmerlie
    Bshmerlie Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    ohhh cookies....yummie!!!
  • ronronronj
    ronronronj Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    This is another bad song from the 1970s that might give you a chuckle:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLiVeRJTtqo