SAHM 6/14- 6/20

Options
We are a group of FABULOUS sahm's who are committed to our good health goals. We are informal but do challenge each other too. and we totally get the unique roles we play and the struggles that follow in trying to get fit and take care of our families and homes. :) come join the conversation at any time. we welcome newcomers!

Replies

• amypyr
    amypyr Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    Oops! I posted on last week's thread first.

Good morning!

Princess - I'm sorry to hear your dd needed surgery, but I'm glad she's OK now.

KatieM - Ugh! I can feel your pain on TOM yesterday.

Stacey - Glad to hear the unpacking is going well!

Friday evening I went running and actually ran 200 feet further! I calculated it out that I ran 0.28 of a mile! :bigsmile: :bigsmile: I'm getting there! I'm already making plans that if the kids can get up early enough and ride their scooters or (if they're good enough on them) their bikes to school with Tony. Then I can run to school to pick them up, and then be able to run at least part of the way back with them.

I don't think I'm going to get much running in this week. We have Vacation Bible School at our church this week, and I'm the Director. So I need to be the 1st one here and the last one to leave. It's a fun one though. High Seas Expedition. Last night was the first night.
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    Off to NY this week. Today I adjusted my food intake and took off my exercise in order to spend the ENTIRE day cleaning. We finally finished prepping Grace's new room (Andy said he'll handle the rest from here) so just need to bring the rest of the house up to par so the poor man isn't killing himself doing everything. I will be employing Grace's babysitters today to keep her out from underfoot, and help with housework. It'll be easy with 2-3 of us doing chores. I still have to get some new undies, a haircut, and a bag so Grace can carry her potty seat around discreetly. Though I dunno if the last part is worth it, she's been getting kind of anxious and anti-potty with the back room puking its contents into the rest of the house & hearing about the big trip. I'm trying not to make a big deal of it, just that we're going to see Nana, have an adventure with her, and meet some family. Though when you're almost 2, that could be kinda intense.

So today is epic cleaning day, and tomorrow my mom is flying into SLC from CA. I'm leaving early to pick her up. We're staying in SLC, and then jetting out at 9 the next morning. Nicole said she wanted to hook up as she'll be visiting Happy Valley tomorrow. Hope my family will understand when I want to take off for an hour to workout before the big trip.
  • nicolee516
    nicolee516 Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    GM everyone! I will be not around much this week. As Trish said I am heading to SLC tomorrow for the rest of the week. It's going ot be a long drive by myself!:noway: 13 hours! That's ok, some good tunes and and great views should keep me occupied!
  • KatieM7
    KatieM7 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Amy~Thank you! It's interesting that you say that you have vacation Bible school this week....before yesterday I would not have known what you meant by that. However I got an invite to take the kids to one this week as well, yesterday being the first day of it. Unfortunately I couldn't take them (was not feeling up to taking them and also promised the 6 y.o we would work with her on her bike, no training wheels she is feeling bad that her sis is doing it w/o now so now she wants to have a go). I really wanted to check it out and have them go and interact with others. We will have to see what happens the rest of the week if we can get them over there to do it. Good luck with the running.

Trish~Sounds like you have gotten to the point of the adventure already. Good luck on your trip.

Nicole~Good luck on your trip as well.

Today I am just trying to stay positive and not so dang emotional. Also working on getting the house clean. We let it go over the weekend and man you wouldn't believe how big of a mess can accumulate in such a short time....lol! Have a great week everyone.
  • SassyMissDasha
    Options
    Hey ladies!! I'm going to be in here with you also.

This week is good so far. Just got back from camping, it was cold and rainy most of the time .. so we left a day early, but still had a nice time none the less.

Today was back to swimming lessons for my son Tommy.
    The kids are watching Bolt for the billionth time ..
    Thinking about going swimming together later.

I am so out of the loop. So fill me in on what's going on with you guys!
  • princessleia1980
    princessleia1980 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Hi all!
    Hope everyone has a nice time on their trips!

I have some busy days ahead of me and am hoping I will be able to squeeze in some exercise somewhere! Its DD1's 3rd birthday on Saturday and I have twenty 3yrolds coming for a party so I have to buy enough food and plan enough things to make and do etc. Also have a trip up to the hospital again to change DD1's bandage. Got our ladies meeting tomorrow night which I have to make Chocolate biscuit cake for and miss my circuits class. And the student teacher leaves our school so I get back the classes she was teaching which means extra work for me!

Going to bed now to try and forget it all!
  • staceyw37
    staceyw37 Posts: 2,094 Member
    Options
    hi all! trish and nicole--fare thee well on your journeys!

and princess leia--whew! you do have a week ahead of you!
    welcome miss dasha!

i am hoping to start getting exercise in more this week--not just unpacking and going up and down the stairs. so my goal is 3 walks this week.
    and for hs-ing--really need to get work done with her tonight, tomorrow, thur-weekend.

today turned out to be a bust. fun time at the park. but got some very disappointing news this am which sent me into a tailspin. the special school dd1 was to go to---is NOT going to open this fall. they pulled out. 2 months before, deposits made, etc....and no school.

+ side--we will get ALL our money back. - side: gotta find a diff place for her. i have 4 places in mind to visit/interview, both public and private, so we'll see.

like i said--VERY disappointing.
    but all things considered--like ppl living in the gulf region, or the thousands of americans out of work, or kids fighting cancer--we're doing VERY OK.

will chk back later, girls.
    let's set some goals and really wow trish and nicole for when they get back!
  • AbsoluteLM
    AbsoluteLM Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm new to your group and look forward to checking in with you ladies each week!

My name is Lisa and I am a new SAHM after years of working in book publishing. My son will be five months old tomorrow and I'm finally kick-starting my weight loss efforts with MFP.

Hope you are all doing well and are having a nice start to your week. :)
  • princessleia1980
    princessleia1980 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone and welcome Lisa!

I made a discovery! A flaw in MFP! I hadn't checked my BMR and just told MFP that I wanted to lose 1lb a week which I thought was reasonable. However it seems that I am unable to lose 1 lb a week because when they calculate my maintenance calories and subtract 500 it is less than my BMR!!!! So I have been static for a whole flippin month because I have not been eating enough!

I'm going for 0.5lbs per week now and eating a more healthy 1500 calories per day. Its about time I got the last 13lbs off!!!!!!!
  • blessdmomof4
    blessdmomof4 Posts: 125
    Options
    Hello Everyone

Welcome to all you new ladies!

Stacey- So sorry to hear about the school :frown: Isn't that why you had moved? I'm sure God has a different and more perfect plan for you daughter and the rest of your family. I pray He'll reveal it soon and put all of your minds at ease.
    I have a cousin in Vegas looking to rent a 4br house? Know anyone I can hook her up w/?

Nicole and Trish - have great trips! I hope your workout together was great!

Last week we finished school for the year. Yesterday we had a special dinner w/ the other families of kids I homeschool and the kids did a little presentation and received awards etc. It was nice. This morning has been SOOOO relaxing with nothing we had to run out the door for. We have a birthday party in about an hour. I made a really cute baseball cake for the party...no the trick will be not to eat it. I'm not usually a cake fan but this chocolate cake recipe I found w/ fresh butter cream frosting is really hard to pass up and I'm not entirely sure I want to :wink:
    Got in a great workout this morning. The weights on the TM is so tough so I have been avoiding it but I"m shooting for 3 times this week. Not going to be able to get my workout in tomorrow at normal time (5:30 am) b/c we have to be out the door early to babysit for a friend. I'll have to take the kids to the park w/ the track so I can do a little running. I am saving up for a bike rack so we can all take rides on the bike trail together this summer.

Have a great week everyone!
  • KatieM7
    Options
    Stacey~That sucks with the dd school thing. It will all workout for the best in the end.

Lisa~Welcome

Princess~Sounds like a good idea to try to get it going again. Good luck you can do it!

Melissa~I seriously look up to women that can do homeschooling! I would probably go out of my mind crazy!!! Nice thing for us we do have a pretty good public school that our kids go to but if I had to I would do the homeschooling. So I thank that for now they can have someone else teach them.

Well something completely unexpected happened this morning....As I have said I am on TOM this week well I also have been having a hard time staying under my calories by like over 500 one day! So I was not expecting a loss on the scale today I was completely expecting a gain. Nope I am down another 2 lbs....go figure not sure what it going on there but I will take it! My goal for this week is to ride 30 miles. I have 2.5 miles down 27.5 to go.
  • KatieM7
    Options
    Someone posted this link on the message boards and I found it to be a very interesting read. It's about water consumption!

http://www.dwlz.com/WWinfo/water.html
  • staceyw37
    Options
    thanks for the kind words, ladies. i am looking at other options. i am sure something good will be made clear.

today it's off to the old house to WEED. the house also needs a blowout--maybe dh can do that b4 friend moves in. it would make front yard so much cleaner.
    and i MUST drink lots of water today. definitely not getting enuf.

melissa, congrats on finishing your school year! and you can attack that tm! be a trailblazer!

gotta run--
  • DrBorkBork
    Options
    safe and sound in the Empire State. Grace was an angel for both of our 2+ hour flights. She seemed fascinated with the whole process. Ma thinks I starve myself, and kept trying to get me to eat. I told her I had eaten already, she just didn't see me (really, it doesn't take that long to down a kashi or larabar!) Went to Applebees for dinner and got my favorite chicken fajita wrap with steamed veggies instead of fries. Can't wait to see family in the morning. I hope they don't share Ma's opinion of my low calorie lifestyle.
  • staceyw37
    Options
    glad the travel part went so well.
    and just ignore ma---you know you are healthier, stronger cuz all your #s tell you so. you are proof that a healthy lifestyle can be achieved with hard work, dedication and support. :)
    as for what anyone else thinks....they should just be thinking how great/happy you are! your new profile pic speaks VOLUMES!

enjoy the rest of your trip, fearless leader!
  • DrBorkBork
    Options
    thanks, stacey. Today has been entertaining. My aunt is trying to buy us food, but she's paranoid "I don't know what you eat! What do you eat?" My mom: "She doesn't eat anything."
    One is trying to be supportive, the other gives me the evil eye when I open my mouth to say that I'd really love some sun chips and fresh fruit. Ma doesn't want my aunt spending so much money on us, but then my aunt gets upset when she can't treat us to it. So I''m kinda stuck. I don't want to make either of them upset. Ma is skeeeery when she's mad, LOL

I'd also like to add that not knowing what we're having for dinner is making me kinda buggy. I'm used to knowing what I will eat on any given day 2 weeks in advance. There's been talk about Chinese for dinner, but it's definitely not chain and who knows if I'll find it in the database. Good thing I got up at 5 this morning to work out and have 1400 cals left for the day!
  • KatieM7
    Options
    Trish~One word for the situation you are in WOW! I hope that you can get it all straightened out. I agree with Stacey you know that you are eating healthy and that you are stronger because of the changes that you have made. Keep up your hard work. I am not so sure I could have gotten up that early in the morning to exercise so go you!

Today is a fantastic day for me. I got up and was getting ready to go grocery shopping and I was going to put one of my fav jeans, size 16 US, on (that are now pretty big on me) but mid grab for them I decided that I didn't want to wear that pair. Instead I grab a pair that my sister gave me that are really cute, size 10 US. The last time I tried them on I was able to zip and button but they were still a little tight on me nope not today PERFECT FIT! I was just about jumping up and down with joy! Number two thing that happened today that was great is that my hubby got his insurance license so he can now start working after being jobless for now 2-3 months. I am pretty stoked right now! When I was on the phone w/ the hubby and he was telling me about the license being in he also told me that he didn't do his workout this morning why didn't he you ask....because I have been wanting to do the yoga from p90x with him and today was yoga day so he decided to wait off until we could do it together. What a sweet man I have hooked! You can say that today has been a pretty good day.
  • staceyw37
    Options
    high five, katiem!

and trish--when i first started this pgm, i used to panic abt food too. we went out for easter? mother's day? to a buffet. and partway thru i broke out in a sweat cuz i was freaked abt food.
    my point? make the best choices you can and don't "sweat" the rest. this is vacation and there will be other times you won't have complete control over every morsel. accept that. roll with it.
    do not feel guilty abt what you want aunt to buy--when i person offers to do something for you, and your rqst is reasonable (your mom is acting warped), then ask for it and accept it graciously.
    just make a small list of items that would help you keep your sanity/health and ignore Ma.

i can say this b/c i am almost 39 y.o. and have had much therapy. part of being an adult is advocating for yourself and your children --in a respectful (not submissive) way. not worrying about what they're thinking/judging but rather being confident in YOU and YOUR family's (as in you, andy and grace) values and goals. (hugs)
    you are an amazing woman and leader--don't let anyone derail you!
    now--go love up that daughter of yours and drink a boatload of water--you are GOOD!
  • KatieM7
    Options
    Trish & Nicole~I hope you guys are having a great time on your vacation.

Hope everyone else had a great week.

Well I had set a goal of doing 30 miles for the whole week on my bike (normally I do no more than 25). I am currently at 16.20 miles. So if I get in a good size ride today I can make my goal of 30 miles.

I did the yoga video in the P90X the other day and since my abs have been KILLING me every time I move or someone touches them. They are fine if I don't move at all....lol. I haven't hurt this bad in my abs since I did the Core Secrets 3 years ago. Who would have thought that yoga would work your abs to the point of soreness?!

Have a great weekend ladies!
  • DrBorkBork
    Options
    we all survived the wedding, and can actually have some fun now! I ate well last night. I think I ate more dessert than dinner. I had a little of everything at dinner: hero sandwich (which Grace ate 1/2 of anyway, so I got another, which she also ate most of), vodka penne (that's what it sounded like, it was hard to hear), pepper steak, a little rice, some weird breaded chicken thingy... for dessert, Grace & I shared a slice of wedding cake, and gorged on cookies. There was this tiny little cake one that was pink, green, and yellow, covered in chocolate that I could have sat & eaten ALL NIGHT! That one was my favorite. I had to have had eaten at least 4.

Today I think we are having real New York pizza for dinner... you know, those slices you see in the movies that are the size of your chest. Yeah, those. I am allowing myself 2 slices, if I can even handle the greasy, oozy, slime on a shingle. I offered to cook pizza from scratch (I have a thing about spending money on the sabbath-- stacey & katiem will know why), but family didn't seem terribly interested.

happy father's day to the boys in your lives, btw! And remember: exercise gives you endorphins, endorphins make us happy, happy people don't kill their husbands :)