Weight Loss & Bra Size

One of the first things I've heard (which apparently doesn't make it true), is that one of the very first places women will loose weight is in their chest and rear, and the last place you will loose it is your belly.

Anyway, after loosing 80 pounds (50 with MFP) and going from a size 28 to size 14/16 dress, I went bra shopping last month as I found my straps were getting loose on one of my other bras, though I had others of the same size but different style that were still fitting nicely. Anyway, to my surprise I have not shrunk at all in band size or cup size (not that I'm complaining). In fact, when I touch my side where my band lays, I can feel ribs so I highly doubt I'm ever going to be under a 36 inch band.

That said, I still have about 45 more pounds I need to loose and lots of toning / building muscle - should I expect either my band or cup size to go down? If so by how much on average do women drop in size? I'm happy with how I am and not looking to be smaller, but its something I heard would happen and it hasn't.

Replies

• randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Everyone loses differently.
  • slaite1
    slaite1 Posts: 1,307 Member
    My boobs, arms and stomach lose first. My butt will disappear but my legs will stay fat until I'm super lean. Eh, everyone's different. Ten pounds from now I'll be pretty flat, but I'll have nice abs. I tell myself it evens out!
  • pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,039 Member
    Everyone is different. I lost "back fat" first since it was the last place I put weight on... so it impacted my bra size.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    my face and waist and stomach lost first

then my legs, butt and boobs started to reduce

I've gone from a 36DD/E to a 34 C/D and that makes me sad .. I like boobies :bigsmile:
  • cincysweetheart
    cincysweetheart Posts: 892 Member
    You'll lose it where you'll lose it. Unfortunately you can't chose it. And it'll be different for everybody. My butt was the first to go. My stomach is hanging on for dear life unfortunately. As for my chest, for a while, I would go down in band size, but the cup size would stay the same. Most recently when I was measured properly for a bra… I'm only down one cup size (from a DD to a D). But I'm pretty sure the only reason it's stayed fairly consistent is because as band size goes down… the cup size fits differently. Because they've definitely deflated! With 35 more pounds to go… I'm PRAYING that I'm done losing from that area!
  • Whitezombiegirl
    Whitezombiegirl Posts: 1,042 Member
    I've lost 18lbs and gone down i band size and 2 cup sizes. I'd be happy to lose another half- full cup size. I'm not a boobie-fan and luckily enough neither is my husband. I've got a big ol' round behind which gets slighly smaller but will always be there- I've learned to love it - and it was one of the first things my husband noticed about me (so he says).... so all good in my book.

• Extra86
    Extra86 Posts: 21 Member
    rabbitjb wrote: »

I've gone from a 36DD/E to a 34 C/D and that makes me sad .. I like boobies :bigsmile:

I'm sorry for your loss! lol...
  • kelziemba
    kelziemba Posts: 48 Member
    With my weight gain I've gone from a 32F (when I weighed only 110 lbs or 7 stones 11) to a 38 K (at 238 lbs or 17 stones). I hope to God I go down some bra sizes as I lose weight. In any case I've decided my grand reward for reaching my weight loss goal and for turning 40 in approx 1.5 years is to have a breast reduction/uplift.
  • kazminchu
    kazminchu Posts: 250 Member
    My boobs are mere shadows of their former selves. I've gone from size 24/26 and bra size 38EE to size 12, bra size 34C. Which sounds like a reasonable size, but because my boobs used to be so big, they're now just empty sacs. I hate them, and for a while I seriously considered gaining the weight back to grow them again. I've learned to come to uneasy terms with the fact that me being healthy means I have zero chest, but I'm hoping to get them uplifted in future so at least they're in the right area.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Extra86 wrote: »
    rabbitjb wrote: »

I'm sorry for your loss! lol...

Fanks *sniff*
  • JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,194 MFP Moderator
    Yeah, I went from a 38DD to a 32D/C... Found a great way to measure though, and having measured myself and found accurately sized bras made the pain of shrinking boobies a little easier to bear (because they look great in bras that fit): http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1282923/boob-shrinkage-after-weightloss
  • eseeton
    eseeton Posts: 80 Member
    I lost in my face, stomach, arms, and legs more dramatically than my butt. I mean, it did seem to shrink because I fit into smaller size pants, but the proportions are still there. And I have a feeling my butt will be the last thing to go (and I don't think it will get a chance to go anywhere because I'm starting maintenance now). I also didn't lose any size in my chest, still a 36 band. Everyone is different!
  • lemonsnowdrop
    lemonsnowdrop Posts: 1,298 Member
    You might! I didn't go down in size until my last 10-15 pounds, and I've actually had to buy new bras since I reached my goal weight and haven't lost anything else. For reference, I went from a 32-DD to a 32B.
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Everyone will be different.
    Mine are not real and I still lost mass in them. Yes it's true, even people with implants can see a loss in size after weight loss. The implant themselves didn't shrink, but the mass I had naturally did so they appear smaller now. It isn't a lot but it's notably smaller to me .
  • kristydi
    kristydi Posts: 781 Member
    I seem to have lost fairly evenly, including my boobs. My band size has decreased, but the cup size has stayed the same. That means they've lost a little volume, but the difference between my band and bust measurements has remained constant.
  • omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    I didn't lose in my chest much for the first 50 lbs. Then I started running and I finally lose some in the chest. Quite a bit actually. I went from a 40G to a 36E.
  • flrancho
    flrancho Posts: 271 Member
    Thanks all, we'll see. 80 pounds down and still a 36 DDD to F, depending on the bra manufacturer.
  • paulawatkins1974
    paulawatkins1974 Posts: 720 Member
    I'm really hoping to lose some there. So far, I've lost band size but not cup size. The funny thing is, it seems the people who don't want to lose any do, and vice versa.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    I'm down about 119.5lbs and while my boobs have shrunk, they have stayed the same proportion to my body. I'm a 34F currently. My band goes down and my boobs only shrink enough so that they are the same cup size (if that makes sense). I've given up hope of ever being able to buy cheap bra's from walmart or target at this point (down to last 10 lbs).
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    22 lbs gone and still wearing the same bra although fastening it on different hooks. I have 30 lbs left to go. Based on what I used to wear before I gained all my weight I may go down a size or two by the end.
    I would not be upset if I do. The nicer looking bras were always too small.