Help.....scale stuck

Options
pwh300
pwh300 Posts: 99 Member
Been a week and has not moved up or down. I'm down to 10 pounds toward my goal. Any suggestions ? I'm doing 1000 to 1200 calories a day...Also am 5'3". I average 1100 a day

Not frustrated yet. When I do my diary it says I'l be down 5 pounds in 5 weeks.

Replies

• ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    how long have you been eating between 1000 and 1200 calories a day?

do you use a food scale to weigh your food?
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Weight loss is not linear. There will always be weeks where you don't lose or even gain, especially as a woman. Be patient and wait it out. If you go another 3-4 weeks without losing, then it's time to look at your diary to evaluate anything that might need cleaned up.
  • rifflejc
    rifflejc Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Mine was stuck for 3 months, I started eating only 1000 calories and a friend of my told me about zeal for life and I'm now back to losing again! I'm 5'7 hope this helps
  • pwh300
    Options
    Thanks girls....It does help...
  • Nyenna96
    Nyenna96 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I was stuck for about a week or two and found that I started losing again when I increased my calories from 1200 to 1400. I work out 5-6 days a week and think I was probably not eating enough. Not sure about that but it did seem to help. Also increased my water intake as well.
  • hesechel
    hesechel Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I understand, am there myself. I am still motivated but trying to figure it out.
  • GroovyYogaChick
    GroovyYogaChick Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I had a trainer put me on 1500-1600 calories a day and would loose on aver 2 pounds every 2 weeks. Got a new trainer and she has put me on 2600 cal per day and said the other calories was starvation mode for me and the pounds should fall off but it's been a month of 6 days a week I'm in the gym resistance weight training and stretching and 35 to 60 min of cardio. And absolutely no loss but I have gained 2 lbs. I am so discouraged, I don't want to be fat anymore but this just sucks! Does anybody have any advice?
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    I had a trainer put me on 1500-1600 calories a day and would loose on aver 2 pounds every 2 weeks. Got a new trainer and she has put me on 2600 cal per day and said the other calories was starvation mode for me and the pounds should fall off but it's been a month of 6 days a week I'm in the gym resistance weight training and stretching and 35 to 60 min of cardio. And absolutely no loss but I have gained 2 lbs. I am so discouraged, I don't want to be fat anymore but this just sucks! Does anybody have any advice?

Ditch the new trainer, figure out your TDEE, and eat 20% less than that
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »

Can't really help until we know the answer to this.
  • ndj1979
    Options

so you increased by 1000 calories and are curious as to why you are not losing weight?

I would say ditch that idiotic trainer, as starvation mode is a myth.

enter all your stats into MFP and set it to one pound per week loss and eat to that number for a month.
  • arditarose
    Options

That was horrible advice. I'd gain on 2600 calories too.

• skyyco
    skyyco Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I was stuck for about two weeks! Actually, I started at 129 and got down to 125 the first month, then for two weeks it went back up to 129. By the end of the week though I was down to 124!! I think it was all due to bloating and hormones and stuff. But I was eating a 1200 diet with exercise and I'm 5'1"! Just keep doing what you're doing and it should come off soon enough. Don't weigh yourself everyday because that can be disappointing since our weight fluctuates so easily.
  • pwh300
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »

3 weeks or so
    skyyco wrote: »
    I was stuck for about two weeks! Actually, I started at 129 and got down to 125 the first month, then for two weeks it went back up to 129. By the end of the week though I was down to 124!! I think it was all due to bloating and hormones and stuff. But I was eating a 1200 diet with exercise and I'm 5'1"! Just keep doing what you're doing and it should come off soon enough. Don't weigh yourself everyday because that can be disappointing since our weight fluctuates so easily.

• pwh300
    Options
    pwh300 wrote: »

3 weeks or so

Skyyco...I have been weighing every day......will try to not do that.
  • arditarose
    Options
    But do you use a food scale?
  • ndj1979
    Options
    But do you use a food scale?

yes, do you use a food scale op?
  • pwh300
    Options
    No I don't have a food scale...Guess I should get one...