hello!

Options
So I've used mfp off and on for awhile now. I'm 33 years old and have 3 children. About a year after my 3rd child, I decided it was time to get healthy. It took about a year, but I lost a little over 50 pounds. At 5.3 my goal weight was 130. I maintained it for awhile, but over the past 3 months or so, I've gained 17 lbs back. I reached that point of exhaustion and burn out, and just gave up. No one's fault but mine. I just need to figure this whole "live healthy don't diet" thing out for myself in the long term. Hoping that actually committing to this app will hold me accountable!

Replies

• kmaster268
    kmaster268 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello, you're pretty
  • jsnyder320
    jsnyder320 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    i know what you mean, dieting is easy, lose the weight keep it off for a while then boom before you know it the weight it back on. Lifestyle change is hard (i'm trying now), eating healthy without all of the crap food, not eating too much definitely a challenge. but it's been 3 months for me, i feel better and am down 27 lbs. this app does help, but you have to be honest and log everything its a pain in the *kitten* sometimes but it's helped me thus far. one day at a time is what i say.
  • MeganKyGirl82
    MeganKyGirl82 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Thank you for commenting! Making a long term change is so difficult. My friends ask, "what's your secret? Did you go on this diet or that diet?" They always seem disappointed when I tell them no. I eat healthy and exercise. (Or at least did) it would be so much easier if there were some magic answer. This app is great it's just doing it. The tedious moments of adding how many packets of Splenda I put in my coffee and whatnot haha!
  • jsnyder320
    jsnyder320 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I'm waiting for that magic pill too. take one once a day with a multivitamin so i can eat whatever i want and not have to exercise....nah I enjoy getting off my butt and working out. and adding the tedious things are made easier by creating "meals"
  • MeganKyGirl82
    MeganKyGirl82 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I didn't know you could that! I'll check it out.