Please Add Me, need motivation

Options
Hello Im Ariel. I was the cheerleader in highschool. Never topped 120 lbs. a year ago I got pregnant with my beautiful baby girl and gained weight very fast. I topped out at 189 lbs. dropped to 161 immediately after. Now im 168. My goal is 130, but id be very happy at 140. I work overnights and am a mommy. Lifes hectic and I dont have much time to work out. I walk with my baby nearly every day. Its just hard because I never had to watch what I eat, or work out and now I DO. i hAve no energy. Always tired. Found some great motivators on here and the status updates from community members help!!

Replies

• arrrielxo
    arrrielxo Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    My photo is me at 120 lbs. motivational photo, LOL.
  • crazymom23boys1girl
    crazymom23boys1girl Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I remember those days. Ugh. I think it is very hard to lose weight when you are tired, stressed, and in new mommy mode. If I were you, I would set a reasonable calorie goal, say, something around 1700 to 1800 calories, and focus on eating as healthy as you can. Keep trying to walk with the baby, and get as much sleep as you can. By focusing on your health and general well-being, the weight may take care of itself. Keep in mind, too, that more food will not necessarily give you more energy. I think that's where I got into trouble when my kids were infants.
  • missalyssa2886
    missalyssa2886 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi Ariel! Need the motivation as well I wasn't a cheerleader in high school but I did gain a lot over the years and also am at the exact same weight as you now! We can be each others cheerleader ! Right now I'm running 5 miles every other day in prep for a 5k this September! But I have a busy work shift so sometimes it's not a consistent workout! Here is me at 123 during senior prom ! kw5v38eokada.jpg
  • joslin1980
    joslin1980 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm right there with you. I'm normally 105-110. ( I'm only 5'1"). I had a baby 1/10/15 and weighed in at 180!!! I'm down to 134 right now. It's a slow process and sometimes so hard. I have 3 boys who keep me really busy. I love this app!! It is really helping me.