My 107lbs lost before & during (with pics!)

Options
Desifreckle
Desifreckle Posts: 110 Member
Hello guys!

This journey of mine has been a long road. I've always been overweight for as long as I can remember. One of my first memories was of my second grade teacher telling my parents I needed to lose weight. To this day I wish they would have put on a diet.

I missed out on a lot of things, because of my weight. I skipped school events and dances. I never dated. I waited on the sidelines at six flags because I was afraid they would tell me I was too big to ride a roller coaster. I never went to the beach and made excuses not to go swimming.

At my highest weight I was 315lbs. I was in college and ate a lot of fast food. I felt so disappointed in myself at that moment. I lost a lot of weight at first, my determination was like stone. I ate healthy and watched my calories. Ranging from 1200 - 1800. I ate 1800 while weightlifting and for most of my journey I ate around 1500 calories. I lifted weights, did kick boxing, zumba, and just plain walking. Recently I completed one round of insanity!

I've lost 107lbs and still have quite a ways to go, but I felt like posting my before and during to possibly inspire others as well as some personal motivation to keep on going!

7tolaeak07uc.jpg
My life is so much more fur filled. I have gained confidence to go to the beach, to go on a roller coaster, and to do things I never would have before! I still have a long way to go before I reach my goals, but if I can lose 107lbs I can do anything!

kspgnl02eyle.jpg

I hated going to parties, because of my weight. I just didn't look happy.

ygo02q8g4fvu.jpg

I've discovered my love for hiking!

9k3jhd2wkh0x.jpg

I hope someone was inspired today! I'm excited to see what my future holds! Good luck everyone, and thank you for reading! :)

Replies

• Momma_Raucks
    Momma_Raucks Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Incredible!!!!!!! Well done, your pics are a great testimony to the tremendous amount of willpower and determination and down right hard work it took to get you here. Im just blown away. Well done.
  • ThatLadyFromMN
    ThatLadyFromMN Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Amazing!!! Great job, definitely inspiring!! :):):) Beautiful, thank you for sharing.
  • Desifreckle
    Options
    Thank you so much guys!
  • EnglishCanadian
    EnglishCanadian Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    You look so fabulous and HAPPY! Yay you!!!
  • trmulder
    trmulder Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Awesome job. Keep up the hard work. I myself appear to be at my body's designed end weight. Lost a little over 100 lbs but the losses have seemed to stop. Still eating healthy and exercising a ton. Just may be time for the transition to "maintenance".
  • Desifreckle
    Options
    trmulder wrote: »
    Awesome job. Keep up the hard work. I myself appear to be at my body's designed end weight. Lost a little over 100 lbs but the losses have seemed to stop. Still eating healthy and exercising a ton. Just may be time for the transition to "maintenance".

I have been at a plateau for almost a year now. I'm recovering from surgery and changing some things to try and break it finally! I know how it feels to be stuck, but I'm not ready to give up just yet! Good luck!
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    Options
    Yay hiking! Camping, too. <3
  • KrissyRawrz
    KrissyRawrz Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Well done!
  • BlueEyedTXmom
    BlueEyedTXmom Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! Way to go!
  • Eaglesfanintn
    Eaglesfanintn Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    Nice! Congrats!
  • lissac53
    lissac53 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    That's amazing! Congrats!
  • Lilly_eats_lilies
    Lilly_eats_lilies Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Very inspiring! Thank you for sharing. You are amazing!
  • sevenactual
    sevenactual Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Whoa! WOW! Outstanding!
  • lkilton
    lkilton Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    You look great and happy!! Excellent work and very inspiring!! :smile: :wink:
  • susansmoaks
    susansmoaks Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    you look amazing and i'm sure you feel amazing too. good job! it's a lifelong journey for those of us who were always heavy but we can and will do it if we remain strong and determined.
  • Sweet_Pea4
    Sweet_Pea4 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    You look amazing. Well done
  • vadersaysno
    vadersaysno Posts: 1,965 Member
    Options
    Impressive!! Great job!
  • andympanda
    andympanda Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Great job. You look Great and must feel great!!.
  • SWEETMAY84
    SWEETMAY84 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    so so beautiful!! great job!
  • fidangul
    fidangul Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    Well done!!! I hope i will have a success story of my own.. MOTIVATED
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!