I now have battle ropes!

Options
I have been searching for battle/fitness ropes for several weeks now. I plan to add these to the days I don’t lift. The ropes are pretty pricey. I was looking for 2 inch diameter by 50 foot long ropes and wanted 2 of them (one for each arm). Locally that would have cost $376 but I could only find 1 ½ diameter ropes. Online and with shipping the price was about the same since shipping was a nightmare because 100 feet of rope is close to 50 pounds.

I checked Craigslist and found a guy selling 2 inch diameter manila rope in 110 foot lengths for $70. I picked it up yesterday. I then added a double layer of 7 inch long heat shrink tubing to each end to prevent rope splinters/slivers in my hands. Then I sewed loops into the ends of a piece of automotive seatbelt material and added a spring loaded clevis to act as the mid point anchor and I turned the $70 rope into what would have cost me close to about $400 to buy. I can anchor the mid-point to a tree in the back yard or the ball hitch of my truck or a few weight plates.

rope1_zps836b151a.jpg

rope2_zpsd6cc834b.jpg

rope3_zps4d9f3f9d.jpg

If you dont know what battle ropes are used for, this video will help. (that is NOT me in the video)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbkbcPJTTes

Replies