Anyone Trying to lose the LAST 5-10 LBS?

Options
13»

Replies

• Mapalicious
    Mapalicious Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    LAST 10 here!

And it's taking for freaking EVER!

I am at 168 now, which as a 5'10" female puts me at a 24.1 BMI

I would love to be hovering around 160, around a BMI of 23. (Just to see it go into the 150s once would be kind of dreamy)

When I am good, I do 30+ minutes of cardio 2-3 times per week, and 20-40 minutes of ab/back/arm muscle work about 2-3 times a week. I also bike 6 miles round trip to and from work 6 days a week.

When I am really bad I just do my bike commute, and maybe 1 cardio per week (trying to be good!)

What is it about the last 10 that is so damn hard?
  • mk2fit
    mk2fit Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    I, too, am on my last 10ish. I am at my original goal but lowered it by 10 when I was on a roll. If I stop here, I'll be ok, but would like to go down some more. I have changed up my exercise routine from mostly walking and elliptical to adding some HIIT aerobics and running.
  • TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    SezxyStef wrote: »
    Yah I gained some over my last vacation so looking to lose that plus another 5 to a new low.

My game plan

200 calorie deficit from TDEE that is what will get me there

walking/running/lifting/biking/swimming...those things are for my health and fitness not for weight loss...

@SezxyStef , say it ain't so. Aren't you the one who, not but a few hours ago, assured me that you wouldn't be gaining weight?

@TimothyFish I am not gaining weight...I am losing weight.

New Goal after being at maintenance all winter...thought I would try 140 and see how I liked it...I am still in my maintenance range no worries...even after the holidays and a trip down south to an all inclusive where I ate what I wanted in the quantities I wanted and drank my fill.

I was referring to you saying that you gained weight during vacation.
  • dmt4641
    dmt4641 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Last 4-5 lbs here. I took a break from tracking for a while and maintained a healthy weight but decided to try for those last few vanity pounds AGAIN that had eluded me for years after having kids. I finally listened to people on this forum and tightened up my tracking, weighing everything. 200 calorie deficit, heavy weights 3x, 1-2 HIIT. Lost those 5 lbs in 4 weeks! Now I am actually trying to lose a few more and go down a size because I am in between sizes. I wish I had listened sooner instead of "stalling" and spinning my wheels.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    Yah I gained some over my last vacation so looking to lose that plus another 5 to a new low.

My game plan

walking/running/lifting/biking/swimming...those things are for my health and fitness not for weight loss...

@SezxyStef , say it ain't so. Aren't you the one who, not but a few hours ago, assured me that you wouldn't be gaining weight?

New Goal after being at maintenance all winter...thought I would try 140 and see how I liked it...I am still in my maintenance range no worries...even after the holidays and a trip down south to an all inclusive where I ate what I wanted in the quantities I wanted and drank my fill.

@TimothyFish yup who wouldn't not using a food scale at an all inclusive with buffets and all the rum you can drink....think about it..I don't travel with my scale...get a grip.

I don't know how you treat vacation but for me it's fun and I don't worry about anything except where the bar is and how close to the beach my room is..and this time it was ocean front...
  • Barrelquest
    Barrelquest Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Trying to get rid of the last of the spare tire. Dropping carbs back and making sure to keep protein at 1 gram per pound of body weight to not lose muscle. Pretty much living on whey protein shakes with a tad of skim milk and baked chicken breasts. (some brown rice and steel cut oatmeal) Loooooooooooooong cardio sessions ....I mean long....you gotta do somethin crazy.
  • segacs
    segacs Posts: 4,599 Member
    Options
    Trying to get rid of the last of the spare tire. Dropping carbs back and making sure to keep protein at 1 gram per pound of body weight to not lose muscle. Pretty much living on whey protein shakes with a tad of skim milk and baked chicken breasts. (some brown rice and steel cut oatmeal) Loooooooooooooong cardio sessions ....I mean long....you gotta do somethin crazy.

That sounds... extreme. And unnecessary. And unsupported by science. But hey, if it makes you happy.
  • TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options

My game plan

@TimothyFish yup who wouldn't not using a food scale at an all inclusive with buffets and all the rum you can drink....think about it..I don't travel with my scale...get a grip.

I don't know how you treat vacation but for me it's fun and I don't worry about anything except where the bar is and how close to the beach my room is..and this time it was ocean front...

I actually lost 1.8 lbs during my last vacation. That wasn't my plan. My plan was to just not gain anything, but I guess I ate below maintenance and there was some exercise that I didn't brother logging that may have been more significant than I thought.
  • segacs
    segacs Posts: 4,599 Member
    Options
    I usually lose weight on vacation too.

But it depends on what sort of vacations you take. Mine tend to involve me backpacking around to different countries, spending all day every day on my feet exploring, hiking, biking, climbing ancient ruins, sightseeing and using public transit and staying in hostels, and sampling the local cuisine in a budget-friendly kind of way.

People who do the beach-resort-with-buffet holidays do tend to gain weight though.

Either way it's fine. Holidays are meant to be enjoyed. Have fun and don't stress about a few pounds either way -- you can always take 'em off again when you get home.
  • saires_au
    saires_au Posts: 175 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Last 5kg to go to my original goal. Ive lost 17kg (35lb) so far. I've been fairly lax the last fortnight and had a few fluctuations due to hormones, increased sodium and alcohol.

I've slowly been increasing my calories but think I'll leave them where they are for now. From today I'm starting to focus on meeting my protien goal each day and doing purposeful exercise again as I've missed a few days.

Im still committed to get to goal but the urgency is no longer there, I think it's because I'm confident I'll get there based on how I've managed so far