To Shop or not to Shop

Options
2»

Replies

• LisaRoloff
    LisaRoloff Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I lost 118 lbs in total. I made a promise to myself that I would always have a pair of jeans that fitted me - enter ebay and charity shops. I bought a pair size by size and tried to get a few things that were adaptable to supplement this along the way. It helps keep you motivated and once you get to goal you can shop till you drop...

LOL I couldnt tell you the last time I actually had a pair of jeans that I was comfortable with the fit of. One of the things I am going to do as soon as the dust settles a bit around here is get some electronic patterns from wildginger.com. they have pattern programs that cost less than standard printed patterns and I just plug in my current measurements and I can print the pattern from my home printer. I was thinking thrift stores and making most of my stuff on the way down cause that way I "should" be able to pull seems and just cut down the fabric to the next size and remake, but the really nice stuff like on holyclothing.com.... that is just beautiful and I wish like all get out I could get patterns for their stuff.
  • TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    It'll probably take you more than two years to lose that much. If you don't buy clothes, you're going to have a lot of weeks with your clothes falling off.
  • LisaRoloff
    LisaRoloff Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    It'll probably take you more than two years to lose that much. If you don't buy clothes, you're going to have a lot of weeks with your clothes falling off.

only if I'm really lucky. :) no, actually I was talking about the really nice stuff. I know I'm going to be hitting thrift and used clothing stores along the way. :)
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    Then the really nice stuff id wait for, unless there is some other reason. For instance work clothes should fit or ve caoable of looking smart depending on what your occupation is.
  • BlxxdtheFrxxk
    BlxxdtheFrxxk Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    When I make iit into a new pant size I buy a cute pair of pants the next size down. It gives me a gauge of what size I am on the way down and I have a continuous reward handing on my bedroom door. I buy at walmart though so I'm not breaking the bank but I think it's important to have at least 1 outfit that makes you feel fabulous at any size.