Are the calories calculated correct

feefee1970
feefee1970 Posts: 4 Member
Hi my weight is 255 lbs
Life style sedentary
Female 45
The chart is,saying 1270 calories. I'm struggling a bit easier when I work nights as sometimes this has to 20 hours off awake

Replies

• _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
    What chart are you referring to? And what's your height? Use this calculator, manually change your MFP settings, and don't eat back exercise calories because they're already factored into your result:

http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/
  • stacihemminger2015
    stacihemminger2015 Posts: 5 Member
    I have been on my again dieting plan for 4 days now and have already lost 4 pounds (or so). What I found has been working for me is LOTS of exercise (I do a half our to an hour everyday), portion control (small portions every 2-3 hours), NO processed foods at all, limited sweets intake (and when I cant hold back, I count the calories honestly), and making sure I eat at the same times every day (I eat breakfast at 6, snack at 830, lunch at 1130-12, dinner at 4, and snack again no later than 6 because I go to sleep around 8-9. I weighed 174 in the beginning and my calorie count is for 1430ish. I am finding that with eating fruits for breakfast and salads with minimal dressing at lunch, it leaves me more room for dinner and it is less difficult. :) Hope it helps!
  • daaaaaanielle
    daaaaaanielle Posts: 114 Member
    edited May 2015
    If you're looking to lose about (or just under) 2lbs ish a week then that sounds about right. The deficit required to lose 1lb is the same for everyone. The exact figure for your goal depends on your BMR and your activity level.

If you feel that it's too low to be feasible for you to manage you have two options.

You can either manually increase your calorie goal, but be aware that that also means slower weight loss.

or

Do more exercise.

You can also do a mix of both. I have my calorie goal set at something low enough that I will lose about 1lb a week (1400 calories or so), so that if I don't exercise, I will still lose. But I try and increase my overall deficit by exercising and only eating back the exercise calories if the net figure ends up particularly low (under 1k calories).

I guess it comes down to how determined you are to lose the weight.
  • feefee1970
    feefee1970 Posts: 4 Member
    I have just went to bed early yesterday was a real struggle I had a snack at midnight. Meal at 3 am went to sleep for 4 hours. A snack and another meal.
    But thanks 4 the advisr