5-HTP for weight loss

Options
Tum22
Tum22 Posts: 102 Member
I decided to try this for low mood and checked out videos online for best time to take. There were some videos saying it could help with weight loss (probably upto 8 lbs) and to prevent over eating. This is really good news if there are no side effects. Anyone tried it and had success?

Replies

• rseneca724
    rseneca724 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I used to take 5-HTP for my mild depression and it helped a little bit, but once my body had a tolerance to it, it stopped working. I suggest Picamilon (check amazon for that, not sold in stores) if you are looking to treat your mild depression.
    As for weight loss on 5-HTP...I heard about that too, but didn't notice it assist me at all.
  • Tum22
    Options
    rseneca724 wrote: »
    I used to take 5-HTP for my mild depression and it helped a little bit, but once my body had a tolerance to it, it stopped working. I suggest Picamilon (check amazon for that, not sold in stores) if you are looking to treat your mild depression.
    As for weight loss on 5-HTP...I heard about that too, but didn't notice it assist me at all.

Thank you there are lots of interesting things online about Picamilon. Might try this one.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Try Prozac or Wellbutrin. They help some people lose weight. :) -- makes more sense than getting random mood meds from Amazon.
  • Tum22
    Options
    RodaRose wrote: »
    Try Prozac or Wellbutrin. They help some people lose weight. :) -- makes more sense than getting random mood meds from Amazon.

Not to me it doesn't sorry. They get you hooked and you just have to keep upping the dose. Just come off Citalopram because it can make one gain weight (depressing in itself) and harden frontal lobes of the brain which sounds bad. No thanks to big pharma trying to make money out of me.