Avocados?

Options
2»

Replies

• Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I've been adding 50g avocado into my smoothies because I ran out of coconut oil, it's 80 calories, which is similar to the coconut oil. But you get better nutrients from the avocado than the oil.
  • rainbow198
    rainbow198 Posts: 2,245 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I am eating avocado chocolate pudding using the recipe below as inspiration and it is AMAZING!

I put my own spin on it and used a banana, an avocado, 1 tbps cocoa powder, 2 squares of melted unsweetened chocolate, 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk, a little peanut butter + coconut oil, 2 dates and a little honey (no stevia), dash of cinnamon and salt, blend in my Nutribullet and yes...this is something I will be adding to my rotation.

It is calorific (I need the calories for today's workouts) but I will be trying another recipe later in the week without the added items.

It's chocolatey, filling, creamy and full of goodness. Thanks again for posting! :smiley:

Edited to add...this will give me about 3 servings. Not sure how well it will hold up, but hopefully I can have one for dessert later and again in the morning. Will cut the recipe in half in the future.

ltstinso wrote: »
    This week I discovered avocado chocolate pudding. Delicious!! Tastes like chocolate mousse!

Ingredients
    1 banana
    1/2 avocado
    2 tablespoons cocoa powder, unsweetened
    1 teaspoon vanilla extract
    1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
    Optional: 1/2 teaspoon-1 teaspoon Chocolate Stevia , in liquid form

Instructions
    Combine banana and avocado in food processor. Process until smooth.
    Add vanilla, cinnamon and cocoa and process again until combined.
    Serve with your favorite toppings. We love nut free Trader Joe's Granola with 3 berries!

http://www.sugarfreemom.com/recipes/dairy-free-chocolate-pudding-no-added-sugar/