Use Garmin Connect for calorie tracking and Fitbit Aria for weight only

Options
seabrew206
seabrew206 Posts: 2 Member
Is it possible to only have the weight data from Fitbit transfer over and use Garmin connect (Vivofit) for the calorie tracking? Whenever I connect the Fitbit Aria app, the Fitbit tracker comes over as well. For example, I have to enter a start time for exercises still.

I no longer have a fitbit tracker, but still have an Aria scale.

Replies

• shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    I had a VivoFit for a brief time period and I'm pretty sure you still had to enter the start time of exercises if you logged them on Myfitnesspal (although I think MFP recommends logging all workouts on Garmin Connect).

Have you tried going to the Apps section of the website and selecting "Fitbit Aria Wi-Fi Smart Scale" instead of the Fibit Activity tracker option?
  • seabrew206
    seabrew206 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I actually bought the viofit but haven't received it yet in the mail.

I tried multiple times to install the aria app on MFP, but both apps fitbit tracking and aria show up on the MFP side when I do that. And I have still have a "adjusted calories from fitbit" on my food diary.

I think I'll try both together since the calories from fitbit is 0 (no tracker) and see if I can use Garmin connect with the vivofit without issue.

Worse case is I disconnect fitbit and manually enter my weight.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    Oh, here's an idea. Turn off negative adjustments. The one problem I see happening is Garmin Connect adding calories for workouts, etc and Fitbit taking the calories away since your not tracking movement with them.
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    seabrew206 wrote: »
    Is it possible to only have the weight data from Fitbit transfer over and use Garmin connect (Vivofit) for the calorie tracking? Whenever I connect the Fitbit Aria app, the Fitbit tracker comes over as well. For example, I have to enter a start time for exercises still.

I no longer have a fitbit tracker, but still have an Aria scale.

Both your Aria & your tracker are associated with a single Fitbit account, so you can only sync both or neither to MFP—never just one.

Delete your tracker from your Fitbit account.

PS. MFP has a Fitbit Users group: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/1290-fitbit-users