why am i so sensitive?

Options
2»

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    brianazo wrote: »
    You *have to* weigh yourself in the morning after you've been to the bathroom and had your shower, or it's categorically invalid. That's what I was told, that's what I lived by when I lost my weight. A tall glass of water weighs about a pound.

I can understand the bathroom part, but why the shower?
  • ncboiler89
    ncboiler89 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    brianazo wrote: »
    You *have to* weigh yourself in the morning after you've been to the bathroom and had your shower, or it's categorically invalid. That's what I was told, that's what I lived by when I lost my weight. A tall glass of water weighs about a pound.

I can understand the bathroom part, but why the shower?

For REALLY dirty people
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself before showering. I don't want the added weight of wet hair.
  • Apud85
    Apud85 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    peopletalk wrote: »
    just downloaded happy scale. so stoked to start using it.

I love happy scale! It's really motivating to see a downward trend, even when I have a couple of heavier days here and there. Good luck and don't obsess!!

w1wy9lphcz29.png
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    I lost 28 lbs last year with a deficit at about 1700 calories.
    I now eat 1200-1400 calories per day, and if i stay true to this, i do lose a pound every week/week and a half.
    BUT if i go over by 200-400 calories one day, the next day my scale puts me a pound or two up and it takes me SO long to lose it, pretty much a full week. this has slowed down my progress WAY longer than it should have.

A healthy, sustainable deficit is 250 calories for every 25 lbs. you're overweight. The less you have to lose, the more slowly it comes off. That's just the way the human body works.

Food is fuel, and we should all be looking for the maximum number of calories at which we lose—never the minimum.
  • peopletalk
    peopletalk Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    editorgrrl wrote: »
    I lost 28 lbs last year with a deficit at about 1700 calories.
    I now eat 1200-1400 calories per day, and if i stay true to this, i do lose a pound every week/week and a half.
    BUT if i go over by 200-400 calories one day, the next day my scale puts me a pound or two up and it takes me SO long to lose it, pretty much a full week. this has slowed down my progress WAY longer than it should have.

A healthy, sustainable deficit is 250 calories for every 25 lbs. you're overweight. The less you have to lose, the more slowly it comes off. That's just the way the human body works.

Food is fuel, and we should all be looking for the maximum number of calories at which we lose—never the minimum.

completely agree with you, but anything above 1400 doesn't seem to work for me, and i've been testing out my calories for quite some time now.