Weight loss "problems"

Replies

• whmscll
    whmscll Posts: 2,254 Member
    David_2015 wrote: »
    Now we're staring to know how thin people feel... it's not all positives!

IMO everything about being thin is positive (normally thin person who has gained and is now trying to get thin again here). I think your body will eventually regulate and you will not have as much difficulty being cold after a while.

• TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    My biggest "problem" has been that I've had to shorten my watchband. A few years ago, I posted a video online that had my left hand in the frame. Someone made the comment that the watchband was too tight. I bought a new watch a few months ago and sized it to fit, but after I lost some weight, it became lose enough that it would slip around my arm. I resized it, but I've lost more weight and now I'm trying to decide whether I want to remove another link or not.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    I honestly can't think of anything negative to say...
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    My problem is those shallow women (previous women I have met) coming out the wood work now.
  • lizzocat
    lizzocat Posts: 356 Member
    - Most of my clothes are either tooo big or too small
    - I see myself much bigger than I am, even though I've lost 60 pounds. It's hard to mentally adjust to not being huge anymore
  • Mischievous_Rascal
    Mischievous_Rascal Posts: 1,791 Member
    I see myself much bigger than I am, even though I've lost 60 pounds. It's hard to mentally adjust to not being huge anymore

That happened to me, too. My hubz took a picture of me from the back so I could get a good look at my new haircut, and I couldn't believe it was me.
  • mitch16
    mitch16 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Shaving problems--my knees are all tendon-y and my armpits are kind of hollow and it's difficult to shave properly without cutting myself.

And I'm always cold.

And my sit bones start to hurt from sitting on hard chairs or bleachers.
  • kristen6350
    kristen6350 Posts: 1,094 Member
    *Always cold. Even in warm weather. (a sweater is required year round)
    *I can't sit and concentrate for more than 20 minutes at time. This is hard since my job requires me to sit at a computer all day.
    *I'm boney. I was laying in bed the other day and my BF said "Do you have keys in your pocket or is that your Hip Bone". It wasn't keys.
    *Too big pants. I bought a pair that were my "goal pair" and now they are too big. I refuse to buy more.
  • North44
    North44 Posts: 359 Member
    whmscll wrote: »
    David_2015 wrote: »
    Now we're staring to know how thin people feel... it's not all positives!

IMO everything about being thin is positive (normally thin person who has gained and is now trying to get thin again here). I think your body will eventually regulate and you will not have as much difficulty being cold after a while.

I have found this to be true. Back in 2010 when I lost about 25 pounds I was cold all the time but now my body seems to regulate temperature better at a lower weight.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    I don't recognize all of those things, some of them I can't even understand should be a problem. I'm less frequently cold than before, because I'm more physically active. I almost never bruise anymore, because I eat better. But the tips of my shoulders hurt when I'm in bed, they are just bone! My hip bones crash with the counter, I've had to learn to be careful. I'm also a bit freaked out by my collar bones and protruding bones from my wrists. I have a BMI of 22, so I'm far from too thin, which makes it quite strange.
  • StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    My wedding ring can't be resized - so I wear it on my 'middle' finger instead of the ring finger. Better fit. And sports bras make my recently shrunken boobs look even flatter.
  • CrabNebula
    CrabNebula Posts: 1,119 Member
    amcook4 wrote: »
    I get drunk really, really fast, I'm always cold and constantly having to buy new clothing is getting really annoying.

I think the money I save on alcohol gets used on clothing. I really have no work slacks. I saw myself in a full length mirror yesterday at work and it looks like I am wearing pajama pants instead of work slacks. But going to the store(s) is such a PITA. I have to waste time trying on 600 different things. I am 5'5", so every pair of pants is either too long or too short 90% of the time. Plus the cost if I can't find anything decent at Goodwill. Shoot me now, I hate clothes shopping.
  • UltraHealthSeeker
    UltraHealthSeeker Posts: 21 Member
    Ooooh this is a tough one. Everything is actually EASIER now that I've lost 150 pounds. Let's see....

I hate it that I can ride in a hot-air balloon or on a carousel now. Having fun SUX! =)
    I hate it that my size 44H bras don't fit anymore.
    I hate it that my chest doesn't reside on my steering wheel when I drive anymore.
    I hate it that everything in my closet FITS.
    I hate it that my son doesn't call me "Sully" anymore (from Monster's Inc.)
    I hate it that salespeople make eye-contact.
    I hate it that people hold the door open for me now, instead of pretending they don't see me.
    I hate it that my driver's license has my true weight on it.
    I hate it that I can go horseback riding again.
    I hate it that I'd prefer to go for a run than eat cookies on the couch watching "Biggest Loser" anymore.
    I hate it that I can't be considered as an applicant for "Biggest Loser" anymore. I never DID finish my application video when I COULD qualify for it, though so I guess that one doesn't really matter. I cried all the way through the making of 1/2 of it.

OK, seriously, I can't think of anything I actually dislike about being a healthy weight!
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    I keep slamming things into my new hip bones. There was padding there before. Now I'll just whack myself and it hurts.
  • canary_girl
    canary_girl Posts: 366 Member
    Ooooh this is a tough one. Everything is actually EASIER now that I've lost 150 pounds. Let's see....

I hate it that I can ride in a hot-air balloon or on a carousel now. Having fun SUX! =)
    I hate it that my size 44H bras don't fit anymore.
    I hate it that my chest doesn't reside on my steering wheel when I drive anymore.
    I hate it that everything in my closet FITS.
    I hate it that my son doesn't call me "Sully" anymore (from Monster's Inc.)
    I hate it that salespeople make eye-contact.
    I hate it that people hold the door open for me now, instead of pretending they don't see me.
    I hate it that my driver's license has my true weight on it.
    I hate it that I can go horseback riding again.
    I hate it that I'd prefer to go for a run than eat cookies on the couch watching "Biggest Loser" anymore.
    I hate it that I can't be considered as an applicant for "Biggest Loser" anymore. I never DID finish my application video when I COULD qualify for it, though so I guess that one doesn't really matter. I cried all the way through the making of 1/2 of it.

OK, seriously, I can't think of anything I actually dislike about being a healthy weight!

YAY! Good for you! I looked at my driver's license the other day and realized that I am lighter than the weight that I listed (yes, of course a lie) by more than 20lbs!
  • Britxclarity
    Britxclarity Posts: 235 Member
    Might sound strange but I really hope I can experience all if this one day in the near future
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    I swung my hip to close a car door the other day a day HOLY OW Batman! I just don't have the padding there that I used to!
  • Justygirl77
    Justygirl77 Posts: 385 Member
    ncboiler89 wrote: »
    I am now shockingly handsome.
    How annoying lol!

Hmmmmm... None of my workout clothes fit anymore, I looked so weird in baggy tops and shorts!

• Annie_01
    Annie_01 Posts: 3,096 Member
    mitch16 wrote: »
    Shaving problems--my knees are all tendon-y and my armpits are kind of hollow and it's difficult to shave properly without cutting myself.

And I'm always cold.

I can relate to the armpit problem. I just can't seem to get it all or I have to keep trying and then break out with razor burn.

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Annie_01 wrote: »
    mitch16 wrote: »

And I'm always cold.

I can relate to the armpit problem. I just can't seem to get it all or I have to keep trying and then break out with razor burn.

I have this problem too. It's very weird. I guess people who were thin when they started shaving just learned how to do it that way. Same thing with sleeping with knees staggered at night so the bones don't rub.