Anyone use Misfit Shine or Flash? Need friends?

Options

Replies

• cbradley903
    cbradley903 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    That fixed it. Added you. Mine is jasonagoode. Everyone should post theirs so we can get a group going
    chelsmaee7 wrote: »

Hello gang how is everyone??? I was at my moms yesterday working my butt off but the shine does not give you as much credit in that area. Lol but I know how had it was to toss feed bags around. I would like to add everyone to my Mis fit family on here. Please try to add me so we can stay motivated. I was trying to add Jason can't seem to get yours. And Chelsea is that your buddy on there Cory? Can we add him? Hope everyone has a great weekend loving my shine pals. Is there anyway to communicate via Mis fit or just watch each other??
  • evylone
    evylone Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Just got mine Friday and used it for the first full day Sat. I am so confused by the Misfit Calorie Adjustment, anyone else? I did both the Misfit and my Pedometer app, about 200 steps apart so very good. But when I sync with MFP the Misfit does not take off all my calories.

My Misfit name is evylone feel fee to add.
  • cbradley903
    Options
    There is some confusion with the Mis fit. I too don't always get how it figures things. I do love a few things that others don't have one being it is water proof big plus for me since I work in the water. It also has a battery life of about 6 months so no pesky charging is needed. You can wear it everyday anywhere. The downside I feel sometimes when I am walking it seems a bit short on steps but really at the end of the day it has helped me loose 54 lbs since I got it along with MFP. I just use that for my food count and intake exercise the two synced together work nicely. If I am going on a walk I will also use Map my fitness to GPS what I have done. It syncs well with that too. Hope that helps. I will look you up in the Mis fit world
  • Angel_Grove_
    Angel_Grove_ Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    evylone wrote: »
    Just got mine Friday and used it for the first full day Sat. I am so confused by the Misfit Calorie Adjustment, anyone else? I did both the Misfit and my Pedometer app, about 200 steps apart so very good. But when I sync with MFP the Misfit does not take off all my calories.

My Misfit name is evylone feel fee to add.

Misfit calculates your total burn for the day, including the calories you would burn just sitting on your butt all day. Then, MFP takes that number and if it is higher than their calculation for your maintenance calories plus any exercise you have logged separately, it gives you the Misfit Calorie Adjustment. If you sync it in the middle of the day, MFP pro-rates your calorie adjustment based on what you would burn if you sat on your butt for the rest of the day from that point.

So, yesterday, Misfit said I burned a total of 2115 calories ( I was hungover and didn't do much. Didnt log any separate exercise). My MFP maintenance set at Sedentary is around 1945 (but varies based on my weight as logged). It gave me 161 calories for my Misfit adjustment.

Friday, Misfit said I burned a total of 2904 calories. I logged a run with MapMyFitness for 507 calories, and I got a 468 calorie Misfit adjustment for the rest of the activity I did that day (shopping, cleaning, dancing, etc).
  • MonaLisaLianne
    MonaLisaLianne Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Oh please anyone that would like a motivational person add me. My misfit name is cb1962 The pic is of a fat cat Jones we have.
    I have not met anyone that has a misfit shine. I workout like crazy spend a lot of time in the water since I work at a fitness center. Just got to Onederland and have lost a total of 53 lbs. I love my Misfit shine have had it on since beginning of December it has been through a lot with me. I never take it off. We could all use some friends on it instead of just Miss Fit. Looking forward to meeting you.
    I'm adding you! My Misfit Shine alias is sodagrrl. =)
  • MonaLisaLianne
    Options
    Feel free to add me as a friend in your Misfit app - I could use some more competition!

Username: grove_angel
    Just added you - I'm sodagrrl

• MonaLisaLianne
    Options
    I added everyone on this board. So happy to have some Misfit friends now! I wish I could change my Misfit name to match my MFP name but it doesn't seem to allow that.
  • MonaLisaLianne
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I *thought* I added everyone here to my Misfit Shine social but nobody is showing up yet. I still only see MissFit and me (sodagrrl). Maybe it takes a while...?

ETA: OK. I see what was going on. The little add icon is tricky - I hadn't actually sent the requests I *thought* I'd sent. =)
  • cbradley903
    Options
    I got you on my list and I'm your kicking my butt today so glad to have you. It is fun and adds some life to the Mis Fit. Let's have a great week and go for it!! I need to get in stuck so look out Hump day is here and I love to workout crazy on Wednesdays. Thanks for looking all of us up. Let's go gang. And as far as the name thing it is ok. I have the same thing two different names Mis fit gave me that one. It's all good. Catch ya on the Mis Fit. That is a pic of my cat on there Jonesie. Ps Angel G thanks for the explanation on here I think it was the best ever. How it works with MFP
  • MonaLisaLianne
    Options
    I got you on my list and I'm your kicking my butt today so glad to have you. It is fun and adds some life to the Mis Fit. Let's have a great week and go for it!! I need to get in stuck so look out Hump day is here and I love to workout crazy on Wednesdays. Thanks for looking all of us up. Let's go gang. And as far as the name thing it is ok. I have the same thing two different names Mis fit gave me that one. It's all good. Catch ya on the Mis Fit. That is a pic of my cat on there Jonesie. Ps Angel G thanks for the explanation on here I think it was the best ever. How it works with MFP
    I see that you and I are on a very similar track - including when we got our Misfit Shines! My son is home from college and at almost 20 yrs old he's suddenly on a health kick (haha - I remember that time in my own life!). Wants to eat better, workout, and WALK (gasp!). We drove to a beautiful nature preserve and walked for a long time yesterday. Not fast, but every step counts!
  • Angel_Grove_
    Angel_Grove_ Posts: 205 Member
    Options

No problem! I'm also going to be hitting it hard today - overindulged quite a bit this weekend and haven't worked out since Friday :-(
  • glturner2
    glturner2 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Please add me I'm purcleburble
  • MonaLisaLianne
    Options
    A bit under the weather today, didn't even make my 1100 point goal. hope to make it up tomorrow!
  • MonaLisaLianne
    Options
    glturner2 wrote: »
    Please add me I'm purcleburble
    Says you can't be found.
  • cbradley903
    Options
    Whew I hit it hard today. But I just could not get that 2000. Awesome job gang. Will add you glturner2 lets make those Mis fits light up
  • chelsmaee7
    chelsmaee7 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    That fixed it. Added you. Mine is jasonagoode. Everyone should post theirs so we can get a group going
    chelsmaee7 wrote: »

Hello gang how is everyone??? I was at my moms yesterday working my butt off but the shine does not give you as much credit in that area. Lol but I know how had it was to toss feed bags around. I would like to add everyone to my Mis fit family on here. Please try to add me so we can stay motivated. I was trying to add Jason can't seem to get yours. And Chelsea is that your buddy on there Cory? Can we add him? Hope everyone has a great weekend loving my shine pals. Is there anyway to communicate via Mis fit or just watch each other??

I tagged him so he could put his username but he hasn't been on the forums. His username on misfit is corymarcouiller but he lost his misfit.. Hopefully he finds it!!

• cbradley903
    Options
    If you go into the info and I think settings there is an area about questions most asked. One is what to do if I lost my misfit they can help you there. If he gets one again let us know I would add him too. I have my daily goal set for 1000 for right now. When you see the lower days funny thing I am at my moms farm working my butt off But is not the same as a real work out to the shine. It's ok though now I have friends and that is awesome to have on the Mis fit instead of just Miss Fit always being in the line up. Angel rocked it yesterday. Congrats to her!
  • glturner2
    glturner2 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    No idea why I can't be found - my profile is public.
  • cbradley903
    Options
    Glturner2 I found you when you friend requested me. Your Gemma turner right. I am cb1962. It is a pic of a tubby cat at my house. You are doing it right.
  • MsNeumann
    MsNeumann Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Hi, I have a shine, too! My name is Kari and I'm KNeumann on there feel free to add me