Funny dieting story

Options
North44
North44 Posts: 359 Member
in case you need a chuckle today:

Back in the early 90's my husband and I decided to go on a diet to lose a few pounds. I found a book called The Rotation Diet. The idea was that you would rotate your calories throughout the diet so as not to slow down your metabolism.

The first 3 days we ate 300 calories. Then we ate like 500 for some number of days. The second week we went up to 1200 or something like that, and the we cycled back down to 300 again. The diet gave you the menus to eat and I do remember they were not very exciting to say the least. By the end of it we had each lost 10 pounds.

My in laws came to town and took us out for dinner. It was a steak place. We were sitting there waitng for our food and a waiter walked by with a platter of sizzling steak. It smelled soooooo good! I looked over at my husband and noticed a glazed look in his eyes and- I kid you not- a line of DROOL was hanging from his mouth down almost to the table. I was so mortified- I quickly brought his attention to this affront to civility and he mopped himself up.

The food came. Knowing me I probably ordered a filet and loaded baked potato, mmmm. I launched into my meal like a bat out of hell. As I finished I looked up and realized everyone was staring at me. My husband informed me that my father in law had been talking to me for like 15 minutes and I hadn't heard a word he said.

So that's how a simple diet plan turned me and my hubby into crazed animals in three short weeks! Every time we reminisce about we still laugh until we cry.

Replies

• JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,197 MFP Moderator
    Options
    OK, you totally made me laugh. THIS is why crash/fad diets are such a horrible thing... Until years later, when you can laugh at yourself. :wink: Thanks for sharing.
  • Kasmira0004
    Kasmira0004 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Hilarious! Thanks for sharing.
  • pineapple_peach10
    pineapple_peach10 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Lol!!!! I have been on diets like that before hahaha.
  • TrudyJoy2313
    TrudyJoy2313 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Haha. Great story!!!
  • North44
    North44 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I'm glad you guys enjoyed my goofy story!