SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!!!! :'(

Options
im 32yrs old and 168lbs I have been doing MFP for almost 3 months now and have only lost 2.5lbs. Im beyond frustrated because i feel that im at the worst plateau of life.

i used to take every diet pill out there and decided to do it the healthy way so i started about 6 months ago (letting go of the pills) and almost 3 months now on MFP eating between 1300-1500 calories (all healthy organic raw food and meats.. only water and teas and i exercise twice a week.. (due to an injury i had i cant really do too much at the gym) regardless of working out or not eating the way that i am, i should loose weight .. and im not :sad:

has anyone had this? how do i break this horrible weight plateau???!? please help!! i am so ready to give up.. no pills worked... and now doing it the healthy way isnt working either..

PS the 2.5lbs i lost were the 1st month... now im stuck! :explode:

Replies

• KimINfortheWin
    KimINfortheWin Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Open up your diary and let us get a peek at it. That helps tremendously.
  • cathomer
    cathomer Posts: 88
    Options
    You might not be eating enough - you don't weigh all that much really, so if you don't eat enough your body will hang on to what it's got - Try alternating, one day have more calories, the next day have less, it helps by keeping your body at a fat burning level, and not going in to starvation mode.
  • freemystery
    freemystery Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I share your frustrations!

Open up your diary? Maybe the answer is in there?

Also have you had your blood work done- is your thyroid working ok etc?
  • poedunk65
    poedunk65 Posts: 1,336 Member
    Options
    Be realistic. Are you eating right? are ytou exercising correctly.

without any of that info every is conjecture.
  • mojohowitz
    mojohowitz Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    Exercise more. I weigh 220. I eat 1500-200 calories a day. I run 20-30 miles a week. I may lose 1/2 lb a week if I am lucky. If I "eat my exercise calories" I gain weight.

The human body is finicky and difficult to measure.
  • micheleld73
    micheleld73 Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    How tall are you?
  • PepperWorm
    PepperWorm Posts: 1,206
    Options
    Find an exercise regimen that will be friendly to your injury. Bump up the exercise.
  • Alwayssohungry
    Alwayssohungry Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Your body is going to take some time to recover from years of diet pills. Open up your diary and we can offer some more educated information
  • 123looloola
    Options

Yes i got checked for everything and everything came back fine..
  • 123looloola
    Options
    How tall are you?

5'5
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    You ARE losing weight You lost 2.5 pounds the right way. Congrats on that.

Its not a lot, but I can't see what your goals are. If you only need to lose a little, don't expect 2 lbs a week. I only will set mine at 1lbs and now I cycle that from 1lbs per week to .5lbs per week.

Mine happens to match up more or less with 10% less than TDEE and that works for me.
  • laddyboy
    laddyboy Posts: 1,565 Member
    Options
    2 things you can do.

1. Make your food log public so we can see how much and what you are eating.

2. Zig Zag your calories. Google zig zag diet.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    hey!! i grew up in flushing!!

oh, you probably need to eat more... and i disagree with the zig-zagging calories part. consistency is key.
  • trinitylyons01
    trinitylyons01 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Hi there!

You may need to exercise more times in a week - at least five days - to have a good calorie deficit. I know you have an injury but what type (not trying to get personal)? If it's lower body there are still chair and upper body exercises that can give you quite a workout and burn calories. If its a back exercise maybe there's something you can do with back support that still burns calories. I would ask your doctor and maybe even a certified trainer (preferably one with a kinesiology background) to look at your injury and design a workout you can do more regularly.

If that is not a possibility look at your eating habits. You may need a registered dietician to do an evaluation to see how many calories you burn on your own. (They did this for my husband). It was a huge eye opener to find out he didn't burn as many calories as he thought he did). If trying to fix exercise and eating habits is not the key you very well may need to get your blood work done as you could have a thyroid problem or something else hindering your weight loss.

I know this is frustrating but there is something going on that can be fixed. If you work it out you'll be happy that you didn't quit. If you quit you'll never reach your goals. Hang in there!
  • lisaabenjamin
    lisaabenjamin Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Unless there is some genuine medical condition that is affecting your ability to lose weight, weight loss is a simple case of burning more calories than you put in through your diet. Without being able to see your diary, it's hard to give any advice on your diet, but are you sure you're logging everything accurately? Do you estimate your food portions, or weigh them out? Do the latter as it is surprising how far out you can be when you try to guess yourself! And exercise more, if not in terms of the time you spend exercising, then in terms of intensity. Regardless of injury there is bound to be an exercise that will help - perhaps talk to a doctor or someone at a gym who can advise you.

Oh, and drink lots and lots of water!
  • 123looloola
    Options
    i was locked out of MFP about two weeks ago so i started using another program to log the calories in.. i just felt that this app can be a little difficult when your on a rush..

here is an example of what one of my meals look like

BF:

Green jui (kale, spinach, pineapple, flax seed and chia seeds

Lunch:
    usually mixed green salad with veggies and grilled chicken
    or i bring lunch from home (vegies and some form of protein usually chicken)

Dinner:
    some kind of veggies and protein.. chicken, fish or a lean steak (thats a treat)

Snack:
    ill have mixed nuts (plain)
    fruit

i dont drink sodas or juices.. i only drink coffee (black) and a lot of tea (green tea)

i swear this is my diet... so you can understand why im so frustrated!!!!! :sad: i wouldn't waist my time or yours asking what im doing wrong is that wasn't the case..
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options
    im 32yrs old and 168lbs I have been doing MFP for almost 3 months now and have only lost 2.5lbs. Im beyond frustrated because i feel that im at the worst plateau of life.

i used to take every diet pill out there and decided to do it the healthy way so i started about 6 months ago (letting go of the pills) and almost 3 months now on MFP eating between 1300-1500 calories (all healthy organic raw food and meats.. only water and teas and i exercise twice a week.. (due to an injury i had i cant really do too much at the gym) regardless of working out or not eating the way that i am, i should loose weight .. and im not :sad:

has anyone had this? how do i break this horrible weight plateau???!? please help!! i am so ready to give up.. no pills worked... and now doing it the healthy way isnt working either..

PS the 2.5lbs i lost were the 1st month... now im stuck! :explode:

What exercise can you do with your injury?
  • TravisBikes
    TravisBikes Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Weigh your food so you know how much you are actually eating.

Find your TDEE, take 20% from it. Live happy.
  • trinitylyons01
    trinitylyons01 Posts: 126 Member
    Options

Yes i got checked for everything and everything came back fine..

For the record, my general practitioner checked my thyroid and my blood results came back fine. However, I was exhausted all the time. I told my Ob Gyn and he did a comprehensive thyroid check that looked into many different elements and realized I did indeed have hypothyroidism. I am not sure everything my second doctor checked but I'm so thankful he did. I'm not saying your results were flawed but its worth checking out if changing diet and exercise habits don't work. However, I think burning more calories in a week and making sure you're eating the appropriate calories for you might help.

Good luck!
  • mschwark
    mschwark Posts: 20
    Options
    It's not 100% about calories or exercise. Everyone is different. Look at your sodium intake, fat intake, etc. Try different things.