Who here loves pasta?!

Options
jaymie_x0
jaymie_x0 Posts: 265 Member
does anyone use spaghetti squash as a pasta replacement? I'm obsessed with it! I've made Cajun shrimp over spaghetti squash, hummus baked chicken over spaghetti squash, hash browns with it, so many things!!

Replies

• NewMeSM75
    NewMeSM75 Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    I love pasta. Spaghetti squash is very good and so is zucchini "noodles". Doesn't replace my need for good plate of pasta but sure is a great alternative for days that I don't have calories for pasta.
  • labrynth83
    labrynth83 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Spaghetti squash lasagna is great. I got it off the Rachel Ray show:)
  • vixtris
    vixtris Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    I love pasta! But I eat actual pasta, not some replacement kind.
  • chelsy0587
    chelsy0587 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    I've tried the wheat pasta, its satisfies my need. Never heard of spaghetti squash or zucchini noodles...

LOVE pasta but haven't had it for anything other than a treat meal maybe 2 months ago.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    I love pasta.
    I like spaghetti squash and zucchini noodles, but they are not a replacement for pasta to me. Not the same texture, not the same taste. If I crave pasta they just don't cut it. They are however a great way to get more veggies into your diet!
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options
    I love pasta. I had it last night for dinner and leftover today for lunch. I switched to Fiber Gourmet brand pasta (real pasta but with lots of fiber and 1/2 the calories of regular).

I love spaghetti squash too. I grow it in my garden and eat it often, but usually as a side dish, not as a pasta replacement. I don't like it with many pasta sauces. It's better simply prepared IMO.
  • crosstraindylan
    crosstraindylan Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I too love pasta! As a long distance runner, I always joke that I eat pasta to run fasta. For me, penne is my favorite with tomato basil sauce, spinach, and Italian seasoning.
  • peachyfuzzle
    peachyfuzzle Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    I love pasta, but there is no substitute for it. I've tried the whole spaghetti squash thing, and meh. I like spaghetti squash just fine, but it is no pasta.

Unfortunately, I have pretty much stopped eating it because it's so high in calories, and I'd rather use those calories to eat stuff I love even more... like cake.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I like both. If I crave the dish, spaghetti squash is great, but if I crave pasta, I gotta have pasta!
  • _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I still haven't tried spaghetti squash. Sounds like a lot of work. I just use real pasta. And yes, I love pasta.
  • triciab79
    triciab79 Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    I do an eggplant lasagna. You just cut the eggplant very thin lengthwise and cook it in a non stick pan for a sec and then use it like a noodle. Its yummy and meaty tasting. I also regularly use spaghetti squash for pasta and sometimes use yellow squash that I cut into ribbons with a potato peeler.
  • Annapululu
    Annapululu Posts: 6 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I think I like pasta more than I do most people
  • triciab79
    triciab79 Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    For those who cannot give up pasta fully just do a half and half. I give my hubby half pasta half spaghetti squash to cut down on his calories. I have to make the real things for my boys and the squash for me so its not anything extra.
  • greco16
    greco16 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Why is it always some sort of ethnic food that supposedly makes people fat? People swear off Chinese, Mexican, Italian, American food. Really, the problem is eating too much of any food and not enough of others that makes one fat.
  • FitForL1fe
    FitForL1fe Posts: 1,872 Member
    Options
    lol, thread title was a trick

who would give up pasta, and why?

you'll never take it from me
  • Laurend224
    Laurend224 Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    Mmmmm. Pasta.
  • imatraveldiva
    imatraveldiva Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately, I have pretty much stopped eating it because it's so high in calories, and I'd rather use those calories to eat stuff I love even more... like cake.[/quote]

best line :)
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options
    I like real pasta. No substitute