Need support re: negative comments.

Options
2»

Replies

• Gska17
    Gska17 Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    @mwyvr, are you omniscient? That's me exactly. Thank you for your thoughtful reply. :)
  • mwyvr
    mwyvr Posts: 1,883 Member
    Options
    :smile: my pleasure. I simply envisioned my wife in your situation. She too is a very smart lady working with people she respects and who respect her, and she also goes out of her way to avoid workplace confrontation.

In the meantime you must know at every level of your being that what you are doing is right for you, is healthy, is good for your relationships and family, is making your future brighter and you less prone to illness and disease, is fun... we could go on and on!

With those wins firmly in mind let any ill-conceived comments bounce off harmlessly as they should. but if you can, have that goal-centred discussion with them and hopefully the issue will disappear for good.
  • Gska17
    Options
    It's like you were sitting inside my head, @mwyvr! :) Any confrontation makes me feel terrible. It's just how I'm wired. Being a sensitive soul doesn't always work in my favor.

I do know what I'm doing is good for me and I love my goals. If she wants to get off of her butt and try I'll gladly give her pointers! I was upfront & brief with how I achieved this "miracle". ;)
  • grayleothedog281
    grayleothedog281 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Laugh at them they are only jealous because you have lost the weight and they haven't....... Chin up and ignore them
  • mwyvr
    mwyvr Posts: 1,883 Member
    Options
    @GingerSka if you do find your co-worker wants motivation and can't use you for that, at the risk of exposing your ID on MFP you could always point her to this thread:

PHOTO ONLY SUCCESS STORIES!

That thread brings tears (of joy for all involved) to my eyes!
  • Curtez
    Curtez Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem. Only then i look at them, and they criticize me but they are the ones shoving cake in their face on the regz so then i dont feel so badly
  • saraphim41
    saraphim41 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Just smile. Drives people nuts!
  • Gska17
    Options
    You guys are amazing! My heart has grown six sizes. :D