This drives me nuts

Options
i hate that because I'm not as big and overweight and obese as some people are when they start their weight loss journey, that my progress isn't as important or noticeable because "it probably wasn't a struggle for me" like for those who have greater challenges.

Replies

• jaymie_x0
    jaymie_x0 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    B
  • tomatoey
    tomatoey Posts: 5,446 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Everyone's got their own row to hoe, but it probably wasn't as noticeable, to be fair.
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    I started the process at 202 lbs, sure there was many people larger then I was and there was many smaller then I was. I never once felt as though people thought my journey was less important or easier. The reason why I never thought that= who cares what they think?? What does it matter if someone else thinks you've had an easier time because your smaller? People are entitled to think whatever they want. As long as your happy, that's all that matters. Don't invest any time or thought into what others think.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    as noticeable or as important to whom? whom exactly are you doing this for?
  • Gska17
    Gska17 Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    tomatoey wrote: »
    Everyone's got their own row to hoe

Yup. Good saying.

If you haven't already, come join us here: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/499-not-that-heavy-girls

Take care!

-G
  • jenncornelsen
    jenncornelsen Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    what are u talking about? who are these people? im confused. but i mean it's obviously true that if someone lost 100lbs and u only had to lose 10 that ya u will notice it more on the one who lost 100.........
  • meatisadelicacy
    meatisadelicacy Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I think I'd just be grateful I wasn't as "big and overweight and obese" and not worry about comparing yourself to others.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    Wackiest humble brag I've ever read on MFP.
  • paulawatkins1974
    paulawatkins1974 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Actually, Since the last few pounds are the hardest/slowest to lose, then I'd assume that just a few lbs would be hard to lose :smile:
  • sunnyside1213
    sunnyside1213 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    I agree with the poster.
  • JeraldTX
    JeraldTX Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    as noticeable or as important to whom? whom exactly are you doing this for?
    Exactly. You are doing this for you, not anyone else. You are you, they are them. If what's easy for them is hard for you... it's hard. Mr. Muscles over there can bench press 260. That doesn't mean 100 isn't hard for me, and it's still going to be work for me to get to 120, just like it's going to be work for him to get to 350.

The amount of change isn't relevant the act of changing is.
  • JeraldTX
    JeraldTX Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    OdesAngel wrote: »
    Wackiest humble brag I've ever read on MFP.

And.. That's what she's talking about.
  • besaro
    besaro Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    who are these people that actually say your success isn't as big a deal as others? lol whatever.