Eating after a late work????

Options
I have a gym class between 7-8pm and only manage to eat dinner around 9 pm- would this have a negative impact on my weight loss???

Replies

• Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    Options
    No it wouldn't... as long as you stay within your daily calories, that's the important part. Timing wouldn't impact your loss at all. :flowerforyou:
  • Amber_hanson27
    Amber_hanson27 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Stay within your calories for the day and your gold. I'm always hungry at night and save calories just for that.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    I've lost 95 lbs doing that, so I say no.
  • David_2015
    David_2015 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    I've lost 95 lbs doing that, so I say no.

Congrats! Hope you hit 100 soon.
  • fidangul
    fidangul Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    Oh thanks everyone!!!
  • jmooose
    jmooose Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'm no expert and I'm sure most people would agree with as long as you're consuming less calories than you are burning you should lose weight. That being said, Is there anyway you could eat before working out? And if necessary a small snack after your workout like raw nuts?
    I'm pretty sure your metabolism slows down while you sleep and get ready to sleep, and that's part of the reason it's recommended that you eat at least 2 hours before bed and not after.
  • fidangul
    Options
    Yh! my problem is my two kids because by the time i sort them out in the morning my breakfast/lunch/dinner timings shift back. But, I don't go over my calorie allowance.
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
    jmooose wrote: »
    I'm no expert and I'm sure most people would agree with as long as you're consuming less calories than you are burning you should lose weight. That being said, Is there anyway you could eat before working out? And if necessary a small snack after your workout like raw nuts?
    I'm pretty sure your metabolism slows down while you sleep and get ready to sleep, and that's part of the reason it's recommended that you eat at least 2 hours before bed and not after.

I'm pretty sure it doesn't matter. OP, eat, you'll be fine.

• jmooose
    jmooose Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    fidangul wrote: »
    Yh! my problem is my two kids because by the time i sort them out in the morning my breakfast/lunch/dinner timings shift back. But, I don't go over my calorie allowance.

You will be fine :) Keep doing what you're doing if it works for you. I'm sure the difference is minimal.
  • Tanya949
    Tanya949 Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    Time makes no difference as long as you eat within your calorie allowance. I eat 1000 of my calories between 4 and 8pm and have no trouble losing weight.
  • SuggaD
    SuggaD Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    I eat dinner at 11 pm sometimes. Doesn't matter.
  • justinb2010
    justinb2010 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Yes, actually it does matter. I wouldn't consume carbs prior to sleep. Unless directly post workout. However, some good protein before bed is nice.
  • fidangul
    Options
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
    Yes, actually it does matter. I wouldn't consume carbs prior to sleep. Unless directly post workout. However, some good protein before bed is nice.

Your choice, doesn't mean it's necessary.

• macgurlnet
    macgurlnet Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    Some foods give me horrendous indigestion if I eat them too close to bedtime. I'll wake up after a few hours and feel absolutely wretched.

Rather than spend time figuring out exactly which foods to avoid and/or when I can/can't eat them, I just stick to no food within 2 hours of bedtime. Hasn't caused any issues with weight loss and doesn't disrupt my evening routine.

If eating right before bed doesn't cause sleep trouble, go for it :)

~Lyssa