Garmin vivosmart Accuracy

Options
Lqa40
Lqa40 Posts: 2 Member
When I walk on the treadmill the vivosmart only accounts for 1/2 my distance (I walk 2 miles, it logs 1 mile). It slightly overestimates my running distance - about 1/10 mile per mile. It often does not detect my movement around house while cleaning, walking to the bus, back and forth to car, etc. is this typical??

Replies

• aaliceinw
    aaliceinw Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    No! I have the vivofit which counts everything most of the time. The only time it counts badly is if I am pushing a trolley in a shopping mall, when my hand is at waist height and not really moving. Otherwise it records everything. It might be a calibration issue. Go to a sportshop, they may be able to assist you.
  • mmocarr
    mmocarr Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Mine generally seems pretty accurate except for movements around the house...
  • ruby70
    ruby70 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I have some problems with mine too. when I run it says I run further than I do and a faster pace, when I walk it sometimes says I went less than I did. I noticed if I am chopping veggies it thinks I am stepping:( For the most part it is okay but I wish it was more accurate. If I am pushing a shopping cart it does not always track me moving either. You can try to adjust your step length..... that may help with the walking but with running I have not found a way to make it more accurate.
  • Tblackdogs
    Tblackdogs Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Mine totally underestimates my steps when I'm out walking. The other day I went for a long walk. I used Map my Walk on my phone which uses GPS so I feel it's very accurate. Map my walk said that I walked 9 miles and my Garmin said 5 miles. What? Very frustrating.
  • Lqa40
    Lqa40 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Yes frustrating! I'm considering returning it.
  • printdoc2006
    printdoc2006 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I've found it to be more accurate the faster i move for example when I run its accuracy is plus or minus .02% <~ I run most of the time... normal walking. 05%... just bumming around the house slowly the accuracy falls to a full percent. That said still one of the better wearabletechnology out there that I've tested

Best of luck