Not eating enough?

My calorie goal is 1200 but I'm sick with pneumonia so I'm eating less. Will not allow me to be finished entering my daily calories, says I'm not eating enough. Any way around this aside from adding bogus calories to my diary?

Replies

• maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    There's no reason you must close out your diary so I wouldn't worry about it.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,562 Member
    If you're sick, don't worry about it. The only thing hitting complete does is give you a random guess as to how much you'll weigh and send the diary to your friends if it's open. It's only if you eat that low consistently that it can become a problem.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    Worry about getting better and forget the diary. If it concerns you, you can put in notes "sick".
  • DogRiverDude
    DogRiverDude Posts: 433 Member
    I hope you feel better soon. If ya' REALLY wanna complete the day's diary, you could always:
    1) Quick Add calories then
    2) Input the same amount of exercise.
    The "net" calories for the day will be correct because one offsets the other.
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    I hope you feel better soon. If ya' REALLY wanna complete the day's diary, you could always:
    Which would result in the same issue since MFP bases the warning off net calories.
  • Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    When you are sick just log in and moan a little so we know you are still with us. Logging your crackers and apple juice isn't important. :-) Getting better is. Starve a fever, feed a cold.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    kimmanix wrote: »
    My calorie goal is 1200 but I'm sick with pneumonia so I'm eating less. Will not allow me to be finished entering my daily calories, says I'm not eating enough. Any way around this aside from adding bogus calories to my diary?

You're sick. I know when I'm sick I always end up eating under my calorie goals. Just eat what you can, drink plenty of water, and take really care of yourself. You don't have to close your diary out, either.

Just take very good care of yourself. :)
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    If your sick, don't worry about it. I once got the flu and could only eat @800 calories per day for about three days. It Is fine if your sick. Just try to stay hydrated and take care.
  • DogRiverDude
    Which would result in the same issue since MFP bases the warning off net calories.

That's NOT the case with the iOS app. I could eat 1200 calories, burn 1200, then Complete. See my fake COMPLETE entry for tomorrow (Friday).
  • DogRiverDude
    MrM27 wrote: »
    OP, you are sick. Actually fighting something that can be nasty. Right now that should be your concern. Not this. You don't need to add any unnecessary problems due to this wei the time loss stuff. Get better then resume.

That's NOT the case with the iOS app. I could eat 1200 calories, burn 1200, then Complete. See my fake COMPLETE entry for tomorrow (Friday).

What would be the point of doing that? Does that really change anything besides the fact that you hit complete?

No point... just proving to another poster that it "can" be done. The OP was concerned that she couldn't complete her daily diary. I just mentioned that it is possible with some number juggling. Perhaps it's just an iOS thing... I'm not sure about other platforms.