Feeling sorry for myself. :(

Options
I feel really low and crappy today. I am currently on Metronidazole for a stupid tooth infection, one of my old friends is getting married today and my invite never came (Which is really hard to digest as she had told me several times it was on it's way) and I feel like I have no friends.

This is my trigger.
Emotional eating was always my thing.
Right now my heart is screaming "Eat all the things"
My stubborn head is saying "Don't you dare"

So... if you have any funny stories or gifs that might make me laugh... please throw them my way. I'm usually so perky and happy and today I just want to give in and eat my body weight in chocolate. :(

This is a real test for me.

Replies

• DemoraFairy
    DemoraFairy Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    I'm confused, why can't you go to the wedding just because your invite never came? If your friend says you're invited then who cares about a little bit of paper?

But to actually answer your OP, a cat gif:

xd6vdpG.gif
  • CM_73
    CM_73 Posts: 554 Member
    Options
  • PMB0404
    PMB0404 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Listen to the head!!! I totally understand where you are right now, but remind yourself that your health is worth so much and to blow it over someone hurting you is just letting that situation beat you...don't let it! I have to stay on top of emotional eating too. It helps me to say to myself, "yeah, that thing sucks, but I'll be damned if I'm going to give it more power over me by losing sight of my goals". A slight by a "friend" is not worth the guilt trip you'll put yourself through if you wallow around in chocolate! Now, pick yourself up, stay the course....and treat yourself to a relaxing mani/pedi today!
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    8riosk79q7nc.gif

I like cat gifs too.. :)

When are you done with the "steriods"... this should not be an issue if you are only taking it for a week or two..

Stop emotional eating... you can't eat your feelings! And by the way, keep your chin up and stay true to your goals and no one.. I mean no one can do this for you...
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
  • NoIdea101NoIdea
    NoIdea101NoIdea Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    I'm with you-I just had a phone call from my mum whilst I'm at work telling me that my younger brother's deteriorative eye condition is rapidly getting worse and is most likely going to lead to complete blindness, and no-one knows what is causing it. He is only 24. He is understandably scared and upset, and I am scared and upset for him and I can't even be there as I live a mission away. Also an emotional eater, and trying not to let this get to me.

Go for a run! Get out of the house! We don't have to give in! Use this as an excuse, as the poster above said, to pamper yourself some, because you are worth it! The food may be an instant release and gratification, but you know you will regret it long after the pleasure of the taste has worn off.

In fact, 80 JUMPING JACKS NOW MISSUS! Get some of those happy feelings flowing :p

• LiftAndBalance
    LiftAndBalance Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Also confused about the wedding thing—maybe it just got lost in the mail?

But, anyways:

?u=http%3A%2F%2F1.bp.blogspot.com%2F-DZDjlEbelyU%2FUW7y_2WMN8I%2FAAAAAAAAC24%2FwM2xtnfK4rw%2Fs1600%2Fcalvin_and_hobbes_gifs_1.gif&f=1

• TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    Go for a long bicycle ride. It'll make you feel better. As for the friend's wedding, just show up.