MFP New Goal Prompt?

Options
sapphire1166
sapphire1166 Posts: 114 Member
edited May 2015 in Health and Weight Loss
Long story short:

Was on MFP for 5 months before my wedding, on 1250/day (2 lbs a week loss). I started at 237 lbs at 5' 7", have a desk job, and don't exercise. I lost about 30 lbs. After the wedding I stopped MFP (dumb, I know).

3 years, 235 lbs, and one baby later I'm back on MFP to make a real change, this time at 1520/day (1.5 lbs a week loss). The weight has been melting off. I've lost 15 lbs in almost a month so far. BUT...I realized that MFP never gave me the "you've lost X lbs! Want to re-set your goals?" prompt that I used to see, so I went through the guided goal set-up and now it's saying I should eat 1430/day for 1.5 lbs lost a week.

My question is, should I just stick with the 1520/day since it seems to be working so well? Or should I assume that the big loss this first month is mostly water weight and I WILL need to go to 1430 to see the loss I want?

On a side note, didn't MFP used to prompt you every 10 lbs to re-set your goals? Did they get rid of this feature, or maybe my account is glitched?

Replies

• princessbride42
    princessbride42 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    If you lost 15 pounds in a month you lost more than 1.5 pounds a week, so you could probably continue with the way you're eating now and still see losses. But yes, some of those first weeks were water weight probably so you'll want to keep watching each week to see what the numbers do. Evaluating every month is a good idea.
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    edited May 2015
    Options
    My question is, should I just stick with the 1520/day since it seems to be working so well? Or should I assume that the big loss this first month is mostly water weight and I WILL need to go to 1430 to see the loss I want?

That is up to you. If it were me and I am happy with the results, I would not change anything until I was no longer happy with the results.

It did used to promt. I am not sure if it stopped of if it stopped for me because I started manually setting my goals? Maybe someone else will weigh in on this too.....

• earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    You only get the prompt if you custom set your calorie goal. If you use the guided, it will automatically reset it for you.