WIPEOUT advice!

Options
fearlessfatty
fearlessfatty Posts: 206 Member
I am applying to be on Wipeout and am trying to make my video submission. . . anyone want to share ideas?

my tentative plan is to run an "obstacle course" at the nearby playground, possibly jumping over exercise balls here and there. . . any thoughts?

Replies

• smuehlbauer
    smuehlbauer Posts: 1,041 Member
    Options
    No suggestions - but good luck.
    I love that show. It cracks me up. There is nothing funnier than watching someone take a spill, as long as they're ok in the end.
    Haahaa!
    Love it!
  • chalito23
    chalito23 Posts: 3
    Options
    oh my God, that show is the best show ever made!! Hope to see you there!! Good luck!
  • fearlessfatty
    Options
    lol- thanks guys!! if i get on, i'll see if i'm allowed a shout out to myfitnesspal!!
  • DanOhh
    DanOhh Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    My kids and I love that show. My best advise is be a little weird so they'll remember you and they'll give you a nick name. Good Luck!
  • Vallandingham
    Vallandingham Posts: 2,177
    Options
    Wear a mouth guard.
  • evilcat666
    Options
    learn to suck up your pride and self respect as well as come to respect these three words......humiliation, humiliation, humiliation
  • Elokyn
    Elokyn Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    My kids and I love that show. My best advise is be a little weird so they'll remember you and they'll give you a nick name. Good Luck!

Ditto.

Be very quirky. Give them something to remember you by. Maybe even try to look some other contestants up that got through (youtube) and get ideas from them! Best of luck!
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    depending on how long you have, the best thing you could possibly do is core strengthening routines. Why? Because core strengthening will give you balance, and balance is key to wipeout. Not that you shouldn't also train endurance, but core would be crucial IMHO. On the up side you can do both on the same day without conflict.

As for what exercise types would be best, look up plyometrics. Oh and find someone to throw an exercise ball at your face about 50 times a day as hard as they can, because you're bound to get smacked in the face at least a few times :tongue:. If you can get hit hard in the face with one of them and get up and keep running, then you should do ok!
  • fearlessfatty
    Options
    SHBoss you made me burst out laughing!! I'm reading your suggestions and nodding to myself, "yep, I can do p90x pylometrics" and "yep, i can do jillian michaels ab workout on the wii" and then i get to the "get hit in the face 50x a day" suggestion and spat out my water! lol - too funny. . . and strangely, also a good suggestion! bahahahah - thanks!!
    :laugh:
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    SHBoss you made me burst out laughing!! I'm reading your suggestions and nodding to myself, "yep, I can do p90x pylometrics" and "yep, i can do jillian michaels ab workout on the wii" and then i get to the "get hit in the face 50x a day" suggestion and spat out my water! lol - too funny. . . and strangely, also a good suggestion! bahahahah - thanks!!
    :laugh:

Yeah, I've done the P90X plyometrics, it's a weak plyometrics routine at best. As part of a full training routine, it's ok (it's kind of a rest day IMHO), but nothing like the hardcore plyo that I'm talking about. Plyometrics training should be tightly focused, and only last about 10 minutes per major muscle group, and at the end, you should be unable to continue, if you are able to keep going, you didn't go long enough or hard enough. Plyo is all about exploding through the motion of the exercise, if you didn't give 100% on each rep, then you didn't do it right. From what I hear the Insanity plyometrics routines are good. I watched the videos on the beachbody website, and they looked good, something I would try, actually they look very similar to one of my bootcamp routines :wink:

Just a little helpful info for ya.