To eat excercise calories or NOT to eat...

Options
I have no clue on how many calories I should be eating daily. MFP says to lose 1.5 lbs a week I should be eating 1250 calories a day. This number doesn't seem sustainable to me. I am looking for a lifestyle change not a salad diet. I decided to lower the amount I want to lose per week to 1 lb because, I was having a hard time staying within 1250 calories unless I had salad or something really small for my meals. I was feeling REALLY deprived and I was finding myself giving in to temptations quicker. When I lowered the amount of lbs I wanted to lose weekly, My calorie intake allowance went to 1500 which felt so much more doable. But, I stopped losing. When I asked my friends what they thought, someone said they have to eat 1900 calories a day or they wont lose and I have read on some forums that you shouldn't be eating only 1200 calories a day, that its not healthy. So, My question is...Should I keep it at the 1250 exercise and eat my exercise calories or raise it back to 1500 and not eat my exercise calories or visa versa or......you get the picture!