Options
2»

Replies

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    Slashnl wrote: »
    I drink coffee every day, black. But I don't normally drink it past 10:30 am. Maybe you could limit yourself in the same way? I couldn't do away with it all together. I just really like it.

This is a good idea.

I have a bad habit of letting it creep up so I'm drinking it all day (like OP), and I should really do this.

My wife and I make a pot at home. I usually have a cup or two at home while I'm getting ready and then a to go mug for the work commute. It's usually gone before I get to the office...essentially I don't drink any coffee after about 8 AM.

I'm also a coffee snob so the *kitten* they serve at the office doesn't interest me in the least...it's barely recognizable as coffee.
  • jessica22222
    jessica22222 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    Slashnl wrote: »
    I drink coffee every day, black. But I don't normally drink it past 10:30 am. Maybe you could limit yourself in the same way? I couldn't do away with it all together. I just really like it.

This is a good idea.

I have a bad habit of letting it creep up so I'm drinking it all day (like OP), and I should really do this.

My wife and I make a pot at home. I usually have a cup or two at home while I'm getting ready and then a to go mug for the work commute. It's usually gone before I get to the office...essentially I don't drink any coffee after about 8 AM.

I'm also a coffee snob so the *kitten* they serve at the office doesn't interest me in the least...it's barely recognizable as coffee.

Haha I'm such a coffee snob! This is why I started craving. My first job was at Starbucks so I learned A LOT about coffee beans and roasting process. (Gotta say that is an amazing company to work for) I had a very small cup yesterday at a play group and I couldn't call it coffee. I wanted so bad to break open my nice coffee and make a strong cup.

It's nice to know I'm not alone in coffee addiction and am reassured it's not so bad :) I think I might start it up again and cut myself off by 8am. My problem was I wasn't drinking enough water along with all of that coffee because Id prefer the cup of coffee to water. The cut off should help.....what was I thinking giving this up.

The withdrawals I had for 1 week were BRUTAL! All for nothing ;)
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,120 Member
    Options
    I just recently gave up coffee cold turkey almost 2 weeks ago. I drank it black all day long and lived for it and loved it so much. I switched to green tea. I just don't get that same kick I do from the coffee....I miss it. On the plus side I have more energy after quitig. What do you think about coffee. I was drinking it excessively and I can't just drink a cup. I can start out that way, but it gradually starts to increase. Should I stay away?? Seriously craving one.

I used to drink in the neighbourhood of 15 cups a day. Then I quit cold turkey for 3 weeks, and when I returned to drinking coffee, I was happy with anywhere from 1-3 cups a day ... and I've maintained that now for about 25 years.

Stick with it for another week or two, and then maybe try one cup a day.