Under Armour - thanks, but no thanks

Options
BartCox
BartCox Posts: 9 Member
Dear Under Armor,

All you did was turn this MFP into cripple-ware. The app isn't any more responsive or better than it was. All you did was take things that were simple to add and marginal additions to the software, add them with a lock, and now want 10 bucks per month for it? My Netflix doesn't even cost that much, but adds much more value. I hope you have provided the motivation for someone else to develop a fitness app that is ad supported that will blow MFP away.

Sincerely,
-Bart

P.S. I don't own anything Under-Armor currently, and this move definitely has made me aware of the brand so I can stay away from it. Thank you.

Replies

• LittleMissMissy6
    LittleMissMissy6 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I think it's worse! It's never has so many bugs. The app is seriously ridiculous!!
  • socajam
    socajam Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    That's you. I have always love Under Armour clothes, very comfortable and worth every $ that I have paid for them. Regarding charging for the app, they have to recoup their money, would be a fool not to.

Most calorie counting apps are charging, so why should they give it away for FREE. I am using another calorie counting @$29.99 per year, very happy with it, maybe if MFP were to come up to par with the one I am using now, I might change, until then I will just use the FREE version of MFP.
  • _incogNEATo_
    _incogNEATo_ Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    crying-waterfalls.gif
  • socajam
    socajam Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    Love it.
  • MomTo3Lovez
    MomTo3Lovez Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    socajam wrote: »
    That's you. I have always love Under Armour clothes, very comfortable and worth every $ that I have paid for them. Regarding charging for the app, they have to recoup their money, would be a fool not to.

Most calorie counting apps are charging, so why should they give it away for FREE. I am using another calorie counting @$29.99 per year, very happy with it, maybe if MFP were to come up to par with the one I am using now, I might change, until then I will just use the FREE version of MFP.

What other calorie counting app are you using?

• mistikal13
    mistikal13 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    Lol
  • _incogNEATo_
    Options
    crying-waterfalls.gif

Very disturbing, but I can't look away. Good work.

Just like I knew what this post was going to be about but I came anyways
  • MommysLittleMeatball
    MommysLittleMeatball Posts: 2,064 Member
    Options
    This app always sucked. I avoid using the app and mainly use the desktop site. I only use the app when I'm on the go and need to log calories - that works just fine.

But, please, continue your feels. giphy.gif
  • MommysLittleMeatball
    Options
    Feels.gif
  • _incogNEATo_
    Options
    I'm_in_a_glass_case_of_Emotions.gif
  • _incogNEATo_
    Options
    f8d8dcdcaabf2a0f2120a4adc3d31d73.jpg
  • MommysLittleMeatball
    Options
    Feels....gif
  • MommysLittleMeatball
    Options
    LOTS_OF_FEELS.gif
  • mikeshockley
    mikeshockley Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    I've actually had better luck with the app over the desktop site. Where it should be showing my 'calories left' is just a barcode looking image. Nothing's been working right since the 'update'.

• BartCox
    BartCox Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    The free MFP is fine for now, but as time goes on they will make it painful enough that you'll need to pay in order for it to be useful at all.

• MissRheingold
    MissRheingold Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options

Please, what other calorie counter are you using? And what makes it superior?

Thank you - it sounds interesting.
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,239 Member
    Options
    I have no issue with the app, but I have auto update turned off on my droid since a year or so back MFP had a big update to the droid version that broke it on the phone I had then. Now I wait to see what peoples complaints are before updating. BTW that version was eventually fixed, If UA is doing major changes, problems are likely to happen in the newer versions that will need to be ironed out. That is part of software development, it is also a very good reason not to update stuff right away if you use it a lot unless there is a specific problem you are looking to have fixed, especially since going back to a previous version can be difficult.