Garcinia Cambosa

Options
Tailgater75
Tailgater75 Posts: 330 Member
Has anyone used this and have they found success with it. I just started MFP about 2 weeks ago. Started at 270 and weighed in at 256 yesterday morning. 14 lbs in two weeks seems "Biggest Loser" surreal to me...but I did it and still have a long way to go. I have used the Garcinia only the second week. It was a bottle I had lying around because it didn't do anything for me before. I don't want to credit that supplement, but combined with the diet, maybe that gave me that push? Has anyone else used it and seen or not seen drastic results like I did?

Replies

• 3bambi3
    3bambi3 Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    I haven't used it, but why would I? It's not proven to aid in weight loss and everyone who promotes it is a quack. Stick to your deficit and you'll do fine. Don't attribute your success to some crap supplement. You put in the work, take the credit.
  • MomTo3Lovez
    MomTo3Lovez Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    3bambi3 wrote: »
    I haven't used it, but why would I? It's not proven to aid in weight loss and everyone who promotes it is a quack. Stick to your deficit and you'll do fine. Don't attribute your success to some crap supplement. You put in the work, take the credit.

Yep take the credit for the work you are doing, if it didn't work before it isn't working now. Now it is you doing all of the work for the weight loss not the supplement. Congrats on your loss so far that's amazing!

• RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Hi
    This is just an opinion, but the fact the Feds have come down on websites/companies pushing it is a indicator to me that it is a Fad and not a real beneficial product.
    From Here:
    Spamming diet pill pusher Sale Slash has assets frozen by FTC
    by John Hawes on May 6, 2015

The wares pushed by Sale Slash and their fellow firms include the likes of "Pure Garcinia Cambogia" and "Pure Caralluma Fimbriata Extract", both commonly marketed as diet aids but with no real evidence to back up these claims.
    Notice the parts I Bolded.

Good Luck with the Diet.
    RogerToo
    88672520.png
  • markiend
    markiend Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    suspicious spam thread title leads to suspicions that thread is just a spamvert for dodgy product
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    It doesn't do anything for you. It's a sham product. There's been ZERO human studies that prove it helps with weight loss in any way.
  • Coachconni
    Coachconni Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    The first 10 pounds is always water weight if you have not been dieting and exercising before. So she is right on schedule with an appropriate amount of weight loss at the beginning of her new program. It will obviously taper of to 1 or 2 pounds a week after.
  • _incogNEATo_
    _incogNEATo_ Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    markiend wrote: »
    suspicious spam thread title leads to suspicions that thread is just a spamvert for dodgy product
    Except for OP spelled it wrong?

pbradtke75 wrote: »
    Has anyone used this and have they found success with it. I just started MFP about 2 weeks ago. Started at 270 and weighed in at 256 yesterday morning. 14 lbs in two weeks seems "Biggest Loser" surreal to me...but I did it and still have a long way to go. I have used the Garcinia only the second week. It was a bottle I had lying around because it didn't do anything for me before. I don't want to credit that supplement, but combined with the diet, maybe that gave me that push? Has anyone else used it and seen or not seen drastic results like I did?
    I made bold what is working for your weight loss. Your diet (noun) will determine how much weight you lose. If you're eating at a deficit, you'll lose.
  • Tailgater75
    Tailgater75 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    Thank you all sooooo much for the feedback! Rogertoo, I definitely appreciate the post. That bottle is hitting the trash when I get home!
  • moledew
    moledew Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I took the Raspberry Ketones about 2 years ago but I also started working at Lowe's right around the same time and was on my feet, climbing ladders etc ALLLL day. I went down a pant size in a month. Not too long ago I tried the Pure Green Coffee and Garcinia Cambogia but saw nothing. It's crap and all the reviews I could find were clearly paid advertisements with no actual backing. Some of the stories sound convincing because of the way they're written and the way they explain how the fruit extract does this and that for your body but its crap. They all have the sponsored website at the bottom to "Order Your Trial Bottle Today-Risk Free!". Don't waste your money when this is free and proven based on years upon years of science. And you're talking to the "human trials" right now promoting CICO.
  • Blazing_Brunette
    Blazing_Brunette Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I got suckered into buying it too .. Doesn't work ... Exercise , eating well and calorie deficit