Sore muscles...help!

Options
On Saturday I went to Treego, which is this big obstacle course and ziplining in the trees, wher eyou are harnessed on so you cant fall, but you use ALOT of muscles to make it through. I now hurt in places that I didnt even know I could hurt in to be honest. My question is if I should still work my arms and abs, when they are the sorest? My arms hurt even pulling my up pants or moving my office chair (but its so worth it lol) I just dont know if I should take a day off, or if I should just keep going with my regular schedule? Advice?

Replies

• peck113
    peck113 Posts: 19
    Options
    Hey AlynnP1005

Sounds like you had a really great time. I've been wanting to try the ziplining. I hope on my up coming vacation I'll be able to go.
    In my opinion you should take the day off from any strength training and just stick to some moderate cardio.
  • debadoo
    debadoo Posts: 6
    Options
    Yes keep working out especially the abs, :flowerforyou: I Have overdone it a few times like running Bloomsday in Spokane without any training, :frown: I had promised a friend....babying your muscles will prolong the agony I promise you. Yes keep working out especially the abs, I have been overdoing I fell and then walked up and down stairs for 6 days in balet slippers they gave the most traction. .. really bad did Pilates thru it rode the stat bike thru it and it got much better very fast, its still swollen but hey it works and I an walk on it its Mon now I came home with it like a tree trunk that was 2 Tuesdays ago by last Monday I was going to town walking everything then yesterday went to the beach and walked for hours I have a bad break in that foots history I broke it in 7 places and have steel plate. For it to be quote "unwalkable use crutches for 2 weeks seems like I got thru it ok ...my massage person Micheal says if I work thru the injuries of overuse they stretch the muscles and don't let them contract and get shorter maybe permanently which will cause spasms also eat some bananas and take some magnesium 2 tabs twice a day it really helps my dr and nutrionalist all say it and the physial therapy guy too....sorry got so long winded was trying to show and extreme example..I have fibromyalgia, degenerative disc disease in back and neck in 3 vetabrea 6 in my back I believe,,,,so if you just work thru it not so much the feel the pain thing but stretching especially is so important...good luck Deb :smile: