Strength training apps?

Options
best strength training apps for women?

Replies

• 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I like jefit for tracking lifting workouts

if you give more info on what you want the app to be able to do then people might be able to give better responses
  • CountessKitteh
    CountessKitteh Posts: 1,505 Member
    Options
    Stronglifts 5x5. You'll probably need to adjust the change in weight between days though, since most women cannot go up 5lbs every time. I tend to keep it for two workouts, then go up if I feel confident, or keep it for a third if needed.
  • yusaku02
    yusaku02 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    look for one specific to your program, gender doesn't matter...
    I'm using the free stronglifts app from the google play store and it works great. I love that it counts your rest time between sets.
  • eganita
    eganita Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    I agree with both posts above!

I've used Jefit in the past. It's nice for tracking workouts/weights used and also has some routines available in the app that you could use.

I just started doing Stronglifts 5x5 (just did my 3rd workout yesterday!). It's pretty easy to follow and there aren't too many moves that you'd need to learn. The app makes following the program very easy and keeps track of the # of Reps (thankfully.. it's easy to lose count of sets sometimes, at least for me) and weight you use that day. On the Stronglifts website, there are some YouTube videos which demonstrate proper form, which I also found helpful.
  • jmule24
    jmule24 Posts: 1,382 Member
    Options
    BigLifts2.0 allows you to follow Stronglifts 5x5, Wendlers 5/3/1 and a couple of other programs. It's well worth the $1.99 in my opinion!
  • moesis
    moesis Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    If you are looking to track progress and build your lifing programs I MetricMe works well.
  • celticlaxer
    celticlaxer Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I've been a fan of BodBot for a while. You can customize a bunch of settings, including based on gender to help yield the kind of workouts you're looking for and it has a nice blend of repetition/familiarity with new/variation exercises to keep things interesting & engaging.
  • robertrogo
    robertrogo Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hey all,

My name is Robert Rogo, a Web Developer at JEFIT and sounds like you are looking for a strength training app to help you alongside of tracking your macros with MyFitnessPal.

With JEFIT, as many have recommended at this point, we are a free Fitness/Workout Tracking application where you can create a FREE profile, create or download various workout routines from the JEFIT Team or users, record and track your workout progress, view your stats and data from the over 1300+ exercises we have with animations and descriptions, interact with our vast community and much more.

Actually we are currently working on our latest Android and iPhone updates as we speak.

If any of you give our application a try thats awesome and know it will help you achieve/reach your fitness goals along with MyFitnessPal (which I have just gotten back into tracking my macros for my own weight loss journey) and if not thats cool too because you are entitled to your own decisions/choices and what suites best for you.

I wish you all the best on your fitness journey and continued efforts with tracking your macros with your workouts!

- Robert
  • DesertGunR
    DesertGunR Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Stronglifts 5x5. You'll probably need to adjust the change in weight between days though, since most women cannot go up 5lbs every time. I tend to keep it for two workouts, then go up if I feel confident, or keep it for a third if needed.

In actuality, this concern is already taken care of in the 5x5 program by the use of what are called fractional weights. It is just as easily used by women as it by men. And they have an iOS and Android app, plus a spreadsheet for following progress. Check out their website, it is a good read and a ton of information stronglifts.com/5x5/
  • mirrim52
    mirrim52 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    DesertGunR wrote: »

In actuality, this concern is already taken care of in the 5x5 program by the use of what are called fractional weights. It is just as easily used by women as it by men. And they have an iOS and Android app, plus a spreadsheet for following progress. Check out their website, it is a good read and a ton of information stronglifts.com/5x5/

Yes, but I think she meant you have to go in to the settings to change the default weight increase from 5 lbs to 2.5 lbs in the app. The default setting is 5 lbs for all lifts except DL which is 10 lbs.