I think my weight has plateau

KCJ120
KCJ120 Posts: 18 Member
Hi,
Lately I've noticed when I weigh myself I either drop two pounds and then gain some. For example I weighed myself myself Monday morning and the scale said 236 and this morning I weighed myself and it said 238.4 and lately that number has been popping up a lot on the scale or 240. It's frustrating and becoming a discouragement. I have changed my eating by adding protein shakes and eating salads for lunch. Yesterday I cheated and had an Italian beef and fries for dinner with a turtle cheesecake for desert could that have anything to do with my weight gain?

Replies

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    How long has it been since you lost weight? Are you in a deficit?

If you eat something salty and heavy for dinner, the scale can show some water weight the next morning, yes. And it can take a few days to go back down.
  • Emil07
    Emil07 Posts: 37 Member
    Im not sure how many calories your consuming, but if you are eating healthy for the most part you're weight gain is most likely due to water weight from your cheat meal. Dont let the scale dictate how you feel about yourself. Judge how your clothes fit and take pics and or body measurements to keep track of your progress
  • strong_curves
    strong_curves Posts: 2,229 Member
    If you weigh yourself that much you're bound to see fluctuations like that. Maybe think about body measuring instead of jumping on the scale every other day. You'll probably get more satisfaction from body measuring than the scale weight.

Or try weighing yourself once a week or every other week especially if it's going to affect your mood negatively.
  • jeffreydennis
    jeffreydennis Posts: 1 Member
    Give your metabolism a bump with HIIT training.
  • esjones12
    esjones12 Posts: 1,363 Member
    Your body fluctuates 2-4 pounds a day. I'd recommend weighing once a week at this point. Cheat meals will cause your weight to increase. Make sure you are weighing all your foods and eating your indicated calorie amount. Limit the cheat meals and you will see a downward trend in your weight over time.

Best of luck!
  • KCJ120
    KCJ120 Posts: 18 Member
    Thank you all for the feedback. I will definitely take in all of you guys advice. Lately I've been trying to watch my sodium and what I ate for my cheat meal was extremely salty!! So thank for the advice now I can really go about this in a different way.