Blood Pressure and HR changes

Options
I don't take medication to regulate my bp or hr. I never have.

For the last several years my BP has generally rested around 132/85 with a resting HR around 85.

I noticed a change about 3 weeks ago and while I feel great... I'm mildly concerned.
I now have a BP that sits around 117/72 and a HR of 55-60.

I've been exercising a lot and eating right, but I had never noticed a change until recently.

Anyone else have sometime similar happen?

Replies

• wabmester
    wabmester Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    Yup. Exercise will give you an immediate benefit as you improve circulation. Weight loss helps too simply because your heart doesn't have to work as hard with less tissue to feed.
  • scottb81
    scottb81 Posts: 2,538 Member
    Options
    You are way healthier. 132/85 was borderline high blood pressure and a resting HR of 85 is pretty high too. Your blood pressure is now normal and your resting heart rate indicates a much healthier aerobic system.
  • omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options
    Weight loss and exercise will do wonders. My BP and HR, when morbildly obese were 120/80 and 84 bpm. Now? 100/65 and 60 bpm resting.

Great work! Keep it up ;-)
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Options
    Beautiful! You're enjoying all the additional benefits of a healthy lifestyle.
  • mwyvr
    mwyvr Posts: 1,883 Member
    Options
    You appear to be healthier like the rest of us who have experienced the same type of circulatory system improvements.

Last September when giving blood I noticed my BP had started to climb just a little more, for the second donation in a row. This was part of an AHA moment I experienced and I promised myself I'd turn things around.

62 pounds later, BP back down, resting heart rate is 50, lower than my age. Apparently running 800km+ has been good for me.

Looking forward to my next donation in two weeks!
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,224 Member
    Options
    I don't take medication to regulate my bp or hr. I never have.

For the last several years my BP has generally rested around 132/85 with a resting HR around 85.

I noticed a change about 3 weeks ago and while I feel great... I'm mildly concerned.
    I now have a BP that sits around 117/72 and a HR of 55-60.

I've been exercising a lot and eating right, but I had never noticed a change until recently.

Anyone else have sometime similar happen?

You should have been concerned with your original BP not your current one which is considered quite healthy. Same with your HR, it dropped because you are more fit.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,135 Member
    Options
    I've had my heart rate drop from mid 80s to mid 60s. My BP is still high though.

If you're concerned, go see your GP.