Fitbit and Insanity Max 30

Options
Hi everyone,
I am doing IM30 and I want to know how many calories I am burning per session - my question to you is:]

Would a Fitbit track how many calories I burn in each session? Or should I get a heart rate monitor? As you can tell, I am clueless so please advise me on what I should do :)

Cheers,

Ben.

Replies

• Rocketqueeen
    Rocketqueeen Posts: 96 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    From what I understand a fitbit tracks how many steps you take and not calorie burn. I could be wrong though. I'd go with a HRM anyway.
    Also, how are you liking IM30? I'm in the last phase of T25 (Gamma) and I can't wait to try it once I'm done.
  • AinhoaIndurain
    AinhoaIndurain Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi benjamin! As with any other activity, heart rate measurement is the only way to know for sure the burnt calories. However, there is a website that gets closer to that http://insanitycalories.com/
    Fit bit won't help you with that.
    I am doing Insanity too, the 60 day plan, and I don't log in the exercise. As far as I know, the calculation for calorie intake takes into account that I am doing insanity. So if I were to put it as a workout I would be eating more than needed. Does that make sense?
    Please add me so we can be insanity buddies!
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    Hi benjamin! As with any other activity, heart rate measurement is the only way to know for sure the burnt calories. However, there is a website that gets closer to that http://insanitycalories.com/
    Fit bit won't help you with that.
    I am doing Insanity too, the 60 day plan, and I don't log in the exercise. As far as I know, the calculation for calorie intake takes into account that I am doing insanity. So if I were to put it as a workout I would be eating more than needed. Does that make sense?
    Please add me so we can be insanity buddies!

I'm assuming you mean you've got your base activity level as "active" otherwise it's not taken into account in the basic calorie intake.

I'm doing Insanity and for the first two weeks didn't use anything, now I use a HRM and I really enjoy seeing my little graph at the end of my workout and seeing the differences day to day. About to go into month two and a bit scared, not previewing or I'll just freak myself out I think!

• benjaminD02
    benjaminD02 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Cheers for the replies folk! I got myself a Polar FT4 which is excellent! Good luck everyone :)